DDPai Z40

I bought the single channel z40 initially before adding the rear cam. My firmward is 7.1.3.3 single channel. I have contacted ddpai and they gave me instructions how to update to dual channel firmware manually however its not working. Anyone has a copy of the latest dual channel firmware please? Thanks

I bought the single channel z40 initially before adding the rear cam. My firmward is 7.1.3.3 single channel. I have contacted ddpai and they gave me instructions how to update to dual channel firmware manually however its not working. Anyone has a copy of the latest dual channel firmware please? Thanks
This is the file ddpai asked me to download and place in sdcard root directory

Have tried with different cards, formatted, reset dashcam etc but firmware just wont flash onto cam

Any help? Ddpai support is not helpful

I found one BIG negative of Z40 for me. When you are playbacking the videos in the app, the recording is stopped. For most user it isnt an issue, but I use a small computer to download the videos from the camera when the car is running. That means the recording is not working when this process runs. If you are looking for camera with http access to its files and automation, look for something else.

This is the file ddpai asked me to download and place in sdcard root directory

Have tried with different cards, formatted, reset dashcam etc but firmware just wont flash onto cam

Any help? Ddpai support is not helpful
To flash it, you need to extract the file within the zip, the "update" folder to your root memory card.

Once you copy to the root of the SD card and boot, the device will show purple light and update, after 2-3 minutes will reboot and works, that is my experience, I just used this file you shared to update my device. your file is for the front and rear model of Z40, non-GPS version.

I too had a problem and came here to look for a resolution, I am kinda stuck, just realize my Z40 have an issue with the WiFi.

Upon booting the dashcam, the Wi-Fi logo is displayed on the screen, indicating that it should be turned on.

However, when I search for the Wi-Fi network on my phone, I am unable to detect the SSID of the DDPai Z40 dashcam.

I have attempted to troubleshoot the issue by accessing the Wi-Fi settings within the dashcam's menu. However, I have observed that the Wi-Fi setting is displayed as "off," and I am unable to press the button to turn it on.

I have already tried the following steps to address the issue:

Ensured that the dashcam is fully charged and connected to a power source.
Restarted both the dashcam and my phone.
Resetting the device.
Formatted the memory card, and tried with a new card.
Despite these efforts, I have been unsuccessful in resolving the Wi-Fi connectivity issue.
I have also tried to update the firmware manually, thanks to @tsh23 for sharing the file in Google Drive, as I am from V7.1.2.2, and currently V7.1.2.5, the issue remain unresolved.
So far I have emailed DDPAI support and hopefully can hear from them soon too.

Has anyone experienced the same issue as mine?

I have a single channel Z40, newly bought and by mistake it is in Chinese language. Is anyone here have an update firmware from chinese to english language? Thanks.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Z40 3
G Z40 3
J Z40 16
Back