Deaf?

arcticfire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A little pet hate of mine is when people don't react to a horn and just continue to cut you up. Not going through the hassle of a claim though just to prove a point. No wonder people road rage though.

Watching his tires to determine lane position, it kinda looked like he was already starting to think about makingnthe lane change at the same time you actually did. He was just way more timid about it and then didn't check his mirrors (or ears) once he finally did. If you're (silver SUV driver) going to drive in city traffic like that, you cannot be timid or you will cause a wreck!

One of those unfortunate situations where two people are heading into the same lane, one moving left, and one moving right. (Both getting in correct lane for their destination.) It's easy to get caught out by this. You wouldn't have been visible in his mirror when he started his move, unless he had a wide-angle addon. And even though he didn't react to your horn, bear in mind he was further forward than you meaning you had more information to work on and increased responsibility. That's balanced by the fact you started moving into the lane first, but the key word is moving - you hadn't completed the move, you hadn't gained right of way, so to speak.

Situations like this are exactly why I got a wide angle add on mirror for the passenger side. The normal mirror genuinely gives the impression the adjacent lane is clear, even when it isn't.

Edit> If you look closely, his left mirror is badly adjusted - so you were definitely invisible to him when it mattered.

You're gunna need a bigger horn :eek:

Last edited:
Hornblasters.com :cool:

Aye it's one of those situations but I was in my lane before he went into it. It's common there though for them to move left two lanes at a time which is why I was waiting for it. But as I had cars all around me the only option was to brake as he didn't react to my horn.

Back