Defective 027?

snapper

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Maybe some here can provide some input. I bought it from estore009 off ebay.

I have it set to motion detect off. 720 30 fps .

It has a 16 gb class 10 sandisk ultra

When the power is switched off from the car adapter lead the video stops recording and the unit shuts off. It stay warm and drains the battery completely in about an hour, despite the lights be off. Then if you turn the car back on the camera wont work. Motion detect is turned OFF.

Here is what happens if you turn on the car or attach a lead with power.

If I leave it plugged with the ignition on for a while and then try it again it will work fine. Until I shut the car off for more than an hour and it will do what it's doing in the video.

It seems the camera is killing the battery even though it is shut off.

Anybody have any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
That was my first thought. I ordered a 207 at the same time from estore009 so I have both in front of me. I switched the batteries and the same thing happened. The 027 slightly warms up and kills the battery in about an hour.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will switch the batteries again just to make sure.

I think another user had a similar issue with their DVR 207 and the SD card was to blame. Try a different one with a lower class rating.

I tried 4 different cards

2 different sandisk 16 gb class 10
a sandisk 8 gb class 4
Kingston Mini 4 gb in an adapter class 4

None of these worked.

When I turned it on without a card it turned on but showed "No Sd Card"

Did you try formatting the cards in a PC and not in the Camera? mine would do that when i first bought it. I formatted it in a PC and it has worked OK ever since. 32GB SD Ultra card in mine.

CheckYourLights said:
Did you try formatting the cards in a PC and not in the Camera? mine would do that when i first bought it. I formatted it in a PC and it has worked OK ever since. 32GB SD Ultra card in mine.

Yeah I tried tried slow/quick format and even in different readers. Estore009 thinks the problem is the cards. They sold me another card and it is currently being shipped and we will see if that helps.

I got the card that they sent me today(transcend 16gb class 4 ?) and gave the 027 a whirl. It's still not working and I am sure the camera is defective. I guess we will see what happens now. Last time I checked return shipping was $55

Back