Demo Clips of Hikvision New 4K 2Ch Dashcam G2PRO, Front View, Rear View, Daytime/Nighttime

RickyC

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi Guys,
I would like to share those demo clips of new G2Pro 4K 2ch Dashcam.
Make sure your video quality is setup as Auto 2160P.

Hikvision 4K 2Ch Dashcam AE-DC8322-G2PRO 4K Front View + 1080P Rear View;
3" IPS Screen with 960x480; Dual Storage :
64GB eMMC built-in + Micro SD card ( 256GB MicroSD cards supported);
Built-in GPS, G sensor, Blue Tooth and Wi-Fi AP;
External 4G module for Parking mode notification;
Supports ADAS

Comments and questions are welcomed.

Last edited:
would be nice with pictures of the system itself too.

Here you go, Kamkar!
One more important feature of this rear camera is that, it supports IP68 water protection rating.
So It can be installed on the rear window or outside around license plates.
G2pro main unit.png
Size of G2pro.png
image of rear cameras of G2 Pro or K5.jpg

I notice that the rear camera footage is mirrored, so license plates and signage are backwards. That needs to get fixed. Or perhaps there is a setting in the menu that simply needs to be changed?

That is for backup purpose.
If you look at a car backup camera image on the dashboard screen, it will be the same.
if you display non mirrored images on your dashcam screen, you will have wrong feeling of right side and left side when you are backing up.
You can switch it to non mirrored images in the app.
maybe we should change it to non mirrored images as the default.

If you look at a car backup camera image on the dashboard screen, it will be the same.
if you display non mirrored images on your dashcam screen, you will have wrong feeling of right side and left side when you are backing up.

I see. Dash cams are generally not suitable as backup cameras because the optimal angle for a dash cam is different that the orientation of a backup cam which is downward facing. Also, with a camera like this where is the screen for backing up. Does it use the head unit?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mtz
I notice that the rear camera footage is mirrored, so license plates and signage are backwards. That needs to get fixed. Or perhaps there is a setting in the menu that simply needs to be changed?

I see. Dash cams usually are genrally not suitable as backup cameras because the optimal angle for a dash cam is different that the orientation of a backup cam which is downward facing. Also, with a camera like this where is the screen for backing up. Does it use the head unit?
I agree. it would be a better backup view angle if you install it out of car by the side of license plate.

the 3" IPS touch screen is on the main unit.

From time to time people come to DCT looking for a rear facing camera that will serve as both a dash cam and a back-up cam and they get an earful about why that won't work and why they need both types, especially from manufacturers. Surprised Hikvision would take this approach. Plus backup cams always have guideline superimposed on the image for parking and apparently this camera wouldn't have that.

A three inch screen seems pretty small for a back-up cam too!

Reactions: Mtz
From time to time people come to DCT looking for a rear facing camera that will serve as both a dash cam and a back-up cam and they get an earful about why that won't work and why they need both types, especially from manufacturers. Surprised Hikvision would take this approach. Plus backup cams always have guideline superimposed on the image for parking and apparently this camera wouldn't have that.

A three inch screen seems pretty small for a back-up cam too!
It is still a rear view camera. I just tried to explain why it is setup as mirrored imaging.

@RickyC Impressive. Rear image needs to be mirrored when using as a dashcam.
The 3" screen would be handy when parking. My reverse camera is displayed on a 7" screen but doesn't have guidelines.
Looks like Hikovision will stir up the Dash Cam market.
Do you have price and availability?

@RickyC Impressive. Rear image needs to be mirrored when using as a dashcam.
The 3" screen would be handy when parking. My reverse camera is displayed on a 7" screen but doesn't have guidelines.
Looks like Hikovision will stir up the Dash Cam market.
Do you have price and availability?
thanks for the feedback.
We will have a option in the app for users to choose the image display as normal or mirrored.
and the default will be normal image display.

We will sell through our distributors with good pricing structure to resellers and end users.
We are going to release both G2pro and K5 (which is 4K 1ch/1440P+1080P 2ch dashcam) at the end of March for Canada and USA.

Ricky

@RickyC the daytime videos look rather good. Slightly over-sharp for my liking, but that's just a personal preference. What's the 4K video bitrate?

Do you have any sample clips recorded at night?

Yeah the footage are a bit on the rough side, mellowing it out some would be beneficial even for little detail capture.

Viewing the footage on a 5K monitor, the over-sharpening is really pronounced.

Look at the white halo around the bottom of the truck, the license plate and the white reflectors.

oversharpen.jpg

@RickyC the daytime videos look rather good. Slightly over-sharp for my liking, but that's just a personal preference. What's the 4K video bitrate?

Do you have any sample clips recorded at night?

Max 24Mbps front and 8Mbps rear at 4K30FPS/1080P30FPS
with 64GB built-in eMMC and 256GB MicroSD card, it will give you 22 hours 4K30FPS/1080P30FPS recording in total.

I will add the night time demo in the top post.

Ricky

added 2 more videos for you to review and comment
Ricky

Having had experience with many dash cams over the years, some of them had a menu option where the user could adjust the sharpness. That feature is rarely seen these days, AFAIK. This is one of the reasons I prize the Mobius cameras (along with their other extensive exposure controls).

The AE-DC8322-G2PRO 4K looks like it could benefit from a user adjustment for sharpening.

The 4K video is looking rather good for just 24Mbps

Having had experience with many dash cams over the years, some of them had a menu option where the user could adjust the sharpness. That feature is rarely seen these days, AFAIK. This is one of the reasons I prize the Mobius cameras (along with their other extensive exposure controls).

The AE-DC8322-G2PRO 4K looks like it could benefit from a user adjustment for sharpening.
I had discussion with our R&D about sharpness setting. They said the priority is to make details recognizable easily instead of aesthetic feeling.
I agreed.
But it is definitely not a bad idea to enable users to control sharpness, maybe part of that range, in case someone is using the Dashcam for Vlogs.

Ricky

Back