Demo Clips of Hikvision New 4K 2Ch Dashcam G2PRO, Front View, Rear View, Daytime/Nighttime

I had discussion with our R&D about sharpness setting. They said the priority is to make details recognizable easily instead of aesthetic feeling.
I agreed.
But it is definitely not a bad idea to enable users to control sharpness, maybe part of that range.

Ricky

I would agree too, but experience has shown us that sometimes over-sharpening provides less detail that it should or could. YouTube is not the best place to judge however. Proper analysis requires RAW video straight from the camera that can be downloaded from a place like Dropbox or Google Drive.

Example of factory sharp image VS image softened by modder.

%D0%91%D1%83%D1%84%D0%B5%D1%80-%D0%BE%D0%B1%D0%BC%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B0-1-jpg.51161

Not least this picture say a lot, note the box under the traffic light, with the original firmware you can barely see the yellow triangle sticker on the box, or the "keyhole", with the softer image it is much more easy.
200 % zoom.

-Reduced Over sharpness
-Increased video detail
-Changed metering table
-Gamma and Contrast correction
-Experimental settings ISO

%D0%91%D1%83%D1%84%D0%B5%D1%80-%D0%BE%D0%B1%D0%BC%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B0-1-jpg.51162

It can easy be a too sharp image have a negative impact on capture of little things.

I think in these pictures the bitrate was the same only image parameters was changed

Example of factory sharp image VS image softened by modder.

%D0%91%D1%83%D1%84%D0%B5%D1%80-%D0%BE%D0%B1%D0%BC%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B0-1-jpg.51161

Not least this picture say a lot, note the box under the traffic light, with the original firmware you can barely see the yellow triangle sticker on the box, or the "keyhole", with the softer image it is much more easy.
200 % zoom.

-Reduced Over sharpness
-Increased video detail
-Changed metering table

%D0%91%D1%83%D1%84%D0%B5%D1%80-%D0%BE%D0%B1%D0%BC%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B0-1-jpg.51162

It can easy be a too sharp image have a negative impact on capture of little things.

I think in these pictures the bitrate was the same only image parameters was changed

Great examples.
I like the sharp images on the first tree image but prefer the softer image of the traffic light. If the contrast was altered slightly I wonder if the traffic light image could look even clearer.

Is the traffic light the same frame/photo? The light is green and I also notice the black line around the sign also looks better?

This was in the beginning of the modder working on this firmware.
No it is not from the exact same time, the modder only had 1 camera so had to drive route with original firmware, then load mod firmware and drive route again, so there are probably some minutes between the 2 "pictures"

This was in the beginning of the modder working on this firmware.
No it is not from the exact same time, the modder only had 1 camera so had to drive route with original firmware, then load mod firmware and drive route again, so there are probably some minutes between the 2 "pictures"
Thanks, very interesting.

not sure if the modder only changes sharpness setting. Maybe other settings as well.
Do you know any details about what the modder did except sharpness?

What I can do now is to add the sharpenss setting to our Dashcams and app.

No just.
-Reduced Over sharpness
-Increased video detail
-Changed metering table

Though Increase image detail could be bitrate,,,,, but high or low that do not matter in this aspect of the footage i think.
The work was done my falsificator from this forum

He also worked on the WDR.
image.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

And noise reduction.
1-WDR-OFF.jpg
2-WDR-ON.jpg

3-WDR-OFF.jpg
4-WDR-ON.jpg

No just.
-Reduced Over sharpness
-Increased video detail
-Changed metering table

Though Increase image detail could be bitrate,,,,, but high or low that do not matter in this aspect of the footage i think.
The work was done my falsificator from this forum

He also worked on the WDR.
image.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

And noise reduction.
1-WDR-OFF.jpg
2-WDR-ON.jpg

3-WDR-OFF.jpg
4-WDR-ON.jpg

Great examples.

How did he manage to get his car to balance on the guard rails so perfectly

I think it was handheld on a powerbank.
I suppose developing even for a camera constantly in motion it is good to get some still video in too.

Back