Denmark video archive

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
A place to put travel videos from Denmark.

Here is the route i often do from my home town of Randers to my friends house 45 Km south of here in Aarhus.

There is no sound so you will have to put on a good record before you press start, i have put in a little information from time to time, but sadly there is little interesting going on along this route.

This is a 7.2 GB upload and i am affraid googles servers need to chew on it longer than the 30 minutes it took me to upload it.

The footage is off my lukas lk-7500.

Last edited:
I think google choked on this 7 Gb upload, it dont even feature when i view my channel.

But fear not i will drive the same route again soon, and hopefully the weather will be better as today have been pretty overcast here.

I need another external hdd, dur to lack of space i deleted the original file as soon as i was done uploading it :rolleyes: but thats just a excuse to make a even better video another day.

Looking forward to your video. I had a look at some images of Randers and one of the structures that looked particularly interesting was the Ski Dome. Are you going to be driving by there? Would be nice to see it in use.

Looking forward to your video.
I am as well. Thanks for taking the time to try and get a video up. Can't wait to check it out.

Did not know there was a ski dome here up here, only domes i am aware of is the glass ones housing to Randers rain forrest.

I am driving down to my friend again tomorrow, he got some new CCTV toy and he is very impatient and not technical minded at all, so i better go help him before he go and do somthing stupid.

The weather tomorrow will sadly be the same as today, so no sunshine recordings :( i will allso speed up the strait driving parts, its a bit much to ask of ppl to sit thru 45 minutes of Danish back roads in the fall.
I will allso trow the C3 on and document a Danish shopping mall one of the comming days, just so the Americans can get a good laugh over the size, its nothing even compared to the mall i visited in Montreal back in 1991.

Last edited:
I will allso trow the C3 on and document a Danish shopping mall
I am really looking forward to this. I love seeing things like this. You can shop there every day, but i'm sure it looks so different then what I am used to.

This fooled me, I now know that it's an artists impression of the proposed ski dome.
upload_2014-11-9_3-17-30.jpeg

its nothing even compared to the mall i visited in Montreal back in 1991.
The mall in the centre of Montreal is a decent size, you just can't see the size of it because it is all underground and on multiple underground levels! I think it is also a complicated layout because it has to go around the foundations of the skyscrapers you see above ground.

Yeah that indoore ski projekt is just another Danish pipe dream, and dream we can do as its one of a fjew things that is not yet heavly taxed.

Missed out on my drive today, could not fall asleep this night - morning :oops: i was sleeping between 11:00 - 16:00 seem like i can only fall asleep after beeing awake for 24 houres or more. ( woke up with a allmighty headache )

Talked to my doctor on thursday, but i might be speaking Hindi and he only undestand Danish ????? dunno i never had much luck with doctors.
I did get new inhalers for my astma, and semi mild painkillers for my everyday trubles, did not get the strong painkillers i asked for, so soon when i have to be a little active for 3-4 houres the aftermath will most likely be very little fun.

Found the error with the first upload, movie maker used a corrupted codec for making the movie o_O and i did not notise it used a codec i never saw in moviemaker before :oops:

Will use the same footage and remix the video tonight, as soon as i have gotten somthing to eat.

There you go have put a video up instead of the busted one above, but sadly i did not manage a cut much off the time.

There you go have put a video up instead of the busted one above, but sadly i did not manage a cut much off the time.
That's okay. I'll just make dinner and watch the kamkar1 show. I cant wait to check it out.
What camera did you use?

Last edited by a moderator:
The lukas lk-7500, it do choke on the 11 Mbit bitrate from time to time, i have a snaeky feeling it will have to go some time during the next year.

Not that i am disserpointed with the lukas as it have served me well, but the blocking at times is a perfect excuse to get a new one, only models on the marked and the lack of mony hold me back.
Praying for a really good dualcam to hit the stores next year., and a "contract" or some easy mony to finance it all ;)

See thats another way i know i have a little American hidden inside, i too prefer to take in my food in front of the TV :D

With all the xxxxxvej i mention in the video i assume ppl have figuered that "vej" in danish translate to road in English.

And our somewhat confusing habbit of naming some roads after where they lead to, if you googlemap Aarhusvej you will get a good handfull of results as there is quite a fjew roads in eastern Jutland that is leading to Aarhus.

And the Aarhusvej leading south out of Randers get the route number 511 but just south of Randers it change name to Hadstenvej and again further south to Randersvej as it lead to Randers from Hadsten, south of Hadsten 511 again change name to Skanderborgvej, and then again to mess it all up the same road change name to Stillingvej as the 511 cross Viborgvej ( route 26 ) in a town called Sabro further south.

Danes :rolleyes:

And Aarhus use to be spelled Århus, but it is changed to the duble a so that ppl from abroard can find it, Becuz many ppl dont know of the 3 extra Danish letters to the alphabet ( Æ - Å and Ø )

BUT ! damm Copenhagen is still spelled København in Danish, and to me it then should be spelled kobenhavn so outsiders dont get confused when thet see the name.

Danes. if we bend over even more our backs would snap. :p

EDIT OFFTOPIC : damm Packers is on fire :D the boys from the windy city get ther butt kicked.

Last edited:
A walk around "Storcenter nord" witch i assume translate to bigmall north ( not the Danish band carpark north )

I was expecting the place would be all pimped up for x-mas, but it wasent so bad today.

There is sound in this video, but its not that good as my arm keep brushing up against the pocket where the recorder was stored.

The irony is that this is in the west part of Aarhus :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well did a walk around downtown Aarhus yesterday, i might be getting old as i seem to remember more x-mas pimping going on back in the old days.

Then again it might just be me, this is my first walk in downtown for a decade :D i dont really have anything to do there so i stay avay.

I visit a couple of the big old department stores ( only ground floor ) and i allso visit the railway station and the mall that is now attached to it.
I allso swing by the town hall our music house - art museum and the court house. all in all its again 45 minutes of footage.
So crank up your own background sound and have a look if you are curious and have a houer to burn.

PS. i dont know why my innovv C3 is going blue on me at times, i assume its the light conditions as it do fine at times, and yesterday like today is pretty grey and boring weather.

I am right now trying to replicate the bluish recordings with the C3 filming out of my livingroom window.

Back