Detaching string

Dan N

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hey guys,

Just got my A119. Can't wait to use it. Firmware upgraded and good to go. One question though, what the heck is the detaching string?

Hey guys,

Just got my A119. Can't wait to use it. Firmware upgraded and good to go. One question though, what the heck is the detaching string?
That is to take the 3M pad off the glass if you stick it in the wrong place. Use it like a saw between the glass and sticky pad to remove.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I had to reposition my A119 and used the string. It didn't really saw, more like bunched and pulled the adhesive pad and it all came off as a single piece. Almost no residue left on the glass, very easy to clean. It had only been mounted for a day which may be a factor in how easy the pad can be removed.

Hey guys,

I made few videos which may help you ?

I find it easiest to use a spackle putty type knife to remove the tape. Works far easier and faster than the string method.

haha wow i was way overthinking it! thats pretty neat. thanks for the info guys! And great videos btw!

I find it easiest to use a spackle putty type knife to remove the tape. Works far easier and faster than the string method.
if it's a plastic putty knife, that's fine, but i wouldn't use a metal putty knife like that against the glass. too easy to crack the mount, the glass, or both. string kinda hurts your fingers, but there's basically zero chance of breaking anything with it.

if it's a plastic putty knife, that's fine, but i wouldn't use a metal putty knife like that against the glass. too easy to crack the mount, the glass, or both. string kinda hurts your fingers, but there's basically zero chance of breaking anything with it.
Try an old credit card which works great

Some users think this is useless, as they will throw it after they received.:(;)
It is useful for me, recently I install/remove the 3M pad frequently.

Back