DieselBoss DB4

Paul Schmehl

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Street Guardian SG9663DCPRO (front cam only)
Has anyone ever used this camera? http://www.dieselboss.com/camera/car_truck_rv_camera_dvr_hd1.htm

I looked at it during my research, but it's way too big for what I wanted. It seems to have good video quality, and the price is very reasonable. It's free of all the doodads like collision avoidance and lane departure warnings but covers the basics pretty well.

If I was still driving (I drove commercially - big trucks - for about 3 years a long time ago), I'd probably get it, because you don't care about the size of things in a big truck. Back when I was driving, they didn't have headliners in trucks. so nobody tried to hide wires. You just routed them so they wouldn't obstruct your view.

Here's a guy who's using a DieselBoss as a blind side camera. You'll also notice his wires are just tiewrapped and laying on his dash. Typical trucker setup.

Looks like it records in avi only so probably not as good as other dash cam. G1W can record to 1080 and costs less.

Looks like it records in avi only so probably not as good as other dash cam. G1W can record to 1080 and costs less.
Educate me. Why is avi not as good? And what should a camera record in? .mov? .mpeg?

5-6y ago this was good dashcam. These days I am not sure who is ready to pay 80usd for 720p ?

Back