Different current draw for 1, 3 or 5 fps in Parking Mode?

NARider

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Current: SG9667DC2K Previous: SG9663DCPRO
I understand that Parking Mode (with the hardwire kit) in the SG9663DCPRO can be configured to take time-lapse photos at different frame-per-second rates (1,3,5). Do the higher rates draw more power than the 1 fps, or do all frame rates draw the same amount of power?

I'd like to minimize the power draw on the car's battery but still have parking mode photos. I understand that add-on battery packs could be bought to power the camera in parking mode, but I'd prefer to just use the car's battery. I also understand I can specify the cut-off voltage on the hardwire harness, and I also know I can set the cutoff timer on Parking Mode. Just trying to understand the power draw vs. FPS relationship. Thanks.

I seem to recall reading that the difference in power draw are negligible with the different parking guard modes of the SG cameras.
In time lapse the low FPS are more a matter of conserving memory card space, and the same with the low bitrate always recording i use as it have sound too.

Low FPS or low bitrate the camera pretty much use the same power at this level.

For the record, compiled from several posts by jokiin: Current draw peaks at around 320mAh, normally around 250mAh, they draw about 30mA less in timelapse parking mode. There is a small difference in power consumption between 30fps and timelapse (30fps uses about 20mAh more than timelapse does), there is no difference in power consumption between any any of the timelapse modes.

Back