Difficulties removing SD card

DashBoat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 & A139
Just installed the camera, and I'm having real difficulties inserting and removing my SanDisk Extreme Plus 128GB card. I can push it in just fine, it just won't latch/unlatch until really pushing as hard as you can, almost like the slot is too recessed. This same card was in my other Viofo cameras, and never experienced these issues. So now I'm wondering if there's an issue with the camera, or if it's just a poor design. I actually have to remove the camera now just to insert/remove the card, which is a problem with the fragile video cables.

Attachments

• sd.jpg
    sd.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 7
Just installed the camera, and I'm having real difficulties inserting and removing my SanDisk Extreme Plus 128GB card. I can push it in just fine, it just won't latch/unlatch until really pushing as hard as you can, almost like the slot is too recessed. This same card was in my other Viofo cameras, and never experienced these issues. So now I'm wondering if there's an issue with the camera, or if it's just a poor design. I actually have to remove the camera now just to insert/remove the card, which is a problem with the fragile video cables.
It will be easier if you use your nails to push it in. Here is a video you can refer to: https://we.tl/t-v8zrlUfA6N

It will be easier if you use your nails to push it in. Here is a video you can refer to: https://we.tl/t-v8zrlUfA6N
Forgot to mention, this is using my nails. As you can tell by my profile, I've had many dash cams, but this one is giving me a very difficult time.

edit: I've attached a picture of the SD card inserted into the camera to the original post.

Last edited:
I tend to use the end of my car keys to eject microSD cards if they're being problematic. Have you tried something like that

I use a small plastic spudger from my electronics tool kit that I now keep in the center console of my car. Plastic seems like a better alternative than something metal like a key. Also, the end of the spudger is thinner than any of my keys which makes it a bit easier to get it into the tiny slot for the microSD card.
Spudger.png

I can use a spudger tool, but that increases the chances of the card shooting out of the slot into another dimension (happened once already).

Anyways, was mostly interested in finding out if others are noticing this issue being more prevalent with this specific model, or if I'm dealing with a defect which may lead to bigger issues.

I found the A139 (& Pro) card slots to be more recessed and harder to use than the A129 series. Particularly after I've trimmed my nails. I have also accidentally launched a few cards around the cabin.

Exactly why I like a dashcam I can easily remove from its mount and use as a card reader, the A119 V3 is perfect for this

Back