Disabling parking mode (VIOFO A139 + HK3 Hardwiring kit)

mentadent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
VIOFO A139, VIOFO A139 Pro, VIOFO A119 Mini 2, VIOFO A229...
If I was to wire a switch on the cable to that goes to the always on power connector, would that disable parking mode? There are times when I do not want parking mode to activate at all. Am I right in assuming that it would then only be powered by ACC so it would only run when the car is running?

I’m pretty sure that ACC is only a trigger for whether the ignition is on or off and the terminal 30 supply always powers the camera.

Other cameras ( SG ) you can just long press the power button when the camera have changed to parking mode, then it shut down, but on the A139 at least in the beginning the buttons was locked so you could not do that, but i would hope they had changed that as the locked buttons are only just needed in a commercial context where you dont want the driver to turn off the camera.

If you put a switch on the always on wire of the hard wire kit, i am sure the camera would be disabled permanently ( of switched ) or on and changing to parking mode when you turn off the car.
The ACC wire is the trigger as i understand it, but if parking guard are on in the menu, then it will also change to / from that.

Am I right in assuming that it would then only be powered by ACC so it would only run when the car is running?
If you attached the BATT cable to an ACC fuse, then the camera would turn on and off with the ignition. However, you would have to change the wiring each time you want it to behave differently.

If you attached the BATT cable to an ACC fuse, then the camera would turn on and off with the ignition. However, you would have to change the wiring each time you want it to behave differently.
Instead of changing the wiring each time, wouldn't a two way switch work?
You could then switch between BATT and ACC power to power the red cable of the HK3, and yellow wire connected like normal.

This way you could choose between Parking Mode/Always On and only while driving.

Last edited:
If I was to wire a switch on the cable to that goes to the always on power connector, would that disable parking mode? There are times when I do not want parking mode to activate at all. Am I right in assuming that it would then only be powered by ACC so it would only run when the car is running?

Seems any modification would be able as simple as holding the power button and shutting off the camera before cutting the engine. Or disable parking mode in the settings.

Back