disappointed by CPL

benjos

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SJ8 Pro, Rexing V1P Max, Dome D201, Xiaomi Yi
I still see dashboard reflections with the CPL on. This CPL isn't easiliy adjustable. I would think they would make it so you could turn the polarized lens without having to pop out the lens. In any case it seems like the default position with a tiny black line on top was the best position and it works when I hold it to my eye, but when the lens is in front of the camera I still see a lot of reflections. I took the lens out of its frame and rotated the lens in front of the camera and I would always see reflections on the screen.

The lenses are preset to the correct orientation for it to work, they don't need adjusting as there's only one point at which it works for the intended task anyway (technically 2 but that's just a 180 degree rotation so same thing) so rotating it just makes it less effective, they will minimise reflections from the window, it will not eliminate them completely

Post a video or screenshot if you want an opinion.

They do work better in some vehicles than others depending on angles and they always do better in the centre of the image than the edges.

Just simply make sure every single reflection is at 90° to the alignment of the filter, problem solved!

I have B&W Kaesemann CLP and linear polarising filters, you can buy a couple of cameras instead of each of these filters. There is little difference to cheap polarising film (polarising plastic sheet) on a dashcam.

Align the polarising filter vertically and leave it at that. Otherwise every 30 seconds when turning left or right you will be adjusting the filter unless you can find some straight roads!

IMG_124918900.jpg

Тоже самое замучился выставлять так ни чего и не добился. Угол стекла большой Вольво ХС60

Attachments

• 2_Moment.jpg
    2_Moment.jpg
    423.4 KB · Views: 21
It's all about the magnitude of the reflections and whether they obscure any details you might need. My old van has massive reflections but of low magnitude, no video details are obscured or lost. I've never ran a CPL and I don't really need one but it would probably make for prettier images :cool:

Phil

Back