Disappointed That Reply to Existing Thread does not show up as new post

5Cowbells

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
FW A119 V4.01, FW A119S_180919_V4.0
@DashCamMan - I was disappointed to noticed that the post I made to an existing thread did not show up as a new post in the new format. Edit: IMHO it makes new posts boring. Even my new post, my first (this post), did not show up as a new post. What am I doing wrong? I give up. Edit: The new post finally showed up - I caught it at 57 minutes after posting. Edit:: Now I can't find it at all. It is way past my bedtime, maybe this is just a bad dream or something and I'll wake up and everything will be OK. Hope so. Good night.

Last edited:
Yeah it would seem the initial post do not count, just subsequent replies to that thread.

Dont bother me, but that you can not mouse over alerts and have the menu drop down like before are a little annoying as most new things are for some.

But it do figure in latest posts below.

I noticed that it does not show under "New Posts" but it does show under "What's new". :confused:

I guess it's just a matter of learning the nuances of the new software.

Last edited:
"New posts" are really just New replies, and "Latest Posts" are New posts, so yes it do seem a bit messed up

So i propose to rename NEW Posts to latest replies and Latest posts to New Thread to differentiate between a RPLY in a existing thread with the creation of a new thread.

It would seem if the OP post in his thread again it also come up in the Latest Posts box, but i feel its okay.
And truth be told i dont use such features, i go by the text that get bolder if there are a post in a subforum, and while i have some times lost contact with a post then i dont feel bad about that.

Bookmark outside of a browser i dont do, and i also dont use the like button on some sites and surely not the subscribe or follow buttons.

Where is the "Mark all read" button?
<edit> seems there is a mark read button that shows on individual posts.. Still have not found one to do the whole forum.

Last edited:
The setup is a bit different.

New Posts can be filtered any way you like. Click the filter button on the side. If you want to see all posts not just Unread threads, uncheck the "Unread threads" box. You can save as default as well. Really "New Posts" is configured the way you like it now.

"Mark forums read" under the Home text will mark the entire forum read. You can also mark individual forums read when you are in that forum.

1.jpg

Thanks.. that filter box you show is still pretty hard to find as it only shows after you click on the "New" button. Like all new things there is a frustrating learning curve and a change to the layout... perhaps could have been accompanied with a new thread.. starting with a lot of screen shots of where things are. And I see there is such a thread.. :rolleyes:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Dash Cam Discussion 16
Back