Disappointed WonVon A10 Blueskysea A12

Roy_NZ

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Disappointed; WonVon A10/ Blueskysea A12. I installed the WonVon A10 in my Fraser 7 (catherham look alike) It worked initially but now just boots to company image screen (WonVon) and repeats. It does detect if the SD card is present.

I found at least 3 other people that have this issue on Dash Cam sites, one with a different brand name (ZOMFOM) but the device looks exactly the same. I have a file from the vendor FW96660A.bin That reportedly will fix the issue. Load on SD card and boot, sorry to say No go.

So, I replaced The WonVon with the A12 mainly because the Camera and fitting all match what was already installed in the car. This unit records but the GPS data is not always present. I have tried relocating the receiver but even when the GPS DATA is present on the screen it does not record and embed itself in the video.

Emailed support at Blueskysea but as yet; silence.

• Does anyone know how to load the file or have experience of the WonVon Issue.
  • Can anyone help with the A12 not consistently recoding the GPS data.

Neither of those cameras is well known here, but I expect that @estore009 will help you out in a bit, don't think they are having covid issues there at the moment but that might explain silence from Blueskysea.

WonVon A10/ Blueskysea A12.
Different modules with different chipsets; You should plug the correct GPS module for A12 if no GPS data embedded in video footage!

Hi estore; Both GPS units are identical and both show working when connected to A12 unit. When testing the system and once GPS acquired both down loaded Video has GPS data.
When driving car and seeing GPS DATA on screen none is in the video!
Any clues on loading bin file to Won Von A10?
thanks

Any clues on loading bin file to Won Von A10?
Please tell me the firmware version of A10! I will have a check with the supplier!

Hi estore in the manual it is KW3002V10 2020-04-01 . as I can not read the device this is all I have , sorry.
Thanks

Thanks for that. It matches the file I have from the vendor. Unfortunately it behaves the same as before. This would mean its a hardware issue. time to open the box.

What is interesting is the file from the vendor included a welcome and goodbye Jpeg file “WonVon”

I did not load this jpeg and yet it is still displayed. So, when the system boots why does the screen not show blank? Or does the system (dashcam) search the SD card if it finds file FW96660A.BIN load to memory and boot. How does it know to load this file?

Hi Estore
Ho do I confirm the firmware loaded?
Other have reported same condition.
Would you agree then the issue must he hardware.
Roy

Hi estore, based on the fact the screen displays the company logo and it can detect the SD card missing, I would assume the cpu is functioning. The device does not repeat the rebooting to logo Indefinitely after a fix count it stops. What is the function after first loading the logo; what act is first on the list of task?

Hi estore, based on the fact the screen displays the company logo and it can detect the SD card missing, I would assume the cpu is functioning. The device does not repeat the rebooting to logo Indefinitely after a fix count it stops. What is the function after first loading the logo; what act is first on the list of task?

Did you try the firmware?

Send it back to the vendor for the warranty directly!

Back