Discreet Transcend DP200 Install - BMW 5 Series

Nice install tips, might do this on my E70

By the way:
I can open and close my power tailgate from inside the car, the bootlid button or the remote.

Also if you know what you're doing, you can code the auto park feature out so that it doesn't shift to park when opening the door.
The door locking button is in the centre so that the passenger can also lock and unlock without having to reach over. Simple when you think about it.

What year is your e70? Mine was a 2013, the last year of the 2nd gen. I'm guessing that safety 'feature' requiring the button on the door to be pressed was implemented in the last year or two. Or, did you customize the code in the car?

As for the central lock/unlock button, I disagree. That button cannot be reached from outside the vehicle. You have to climb back in - from either side - to get to it. EVERY other car I've ever owned that had power door locks, had a (un)lock all button on both the driver AND passenger door armrest. Meaning, you could activate the locks while standing outside the vehicle from either side. I would think a $70k car wouldn't require their driver/passenger to hop back into the car to lock it.

As far as 'coding' the car - that's an option I'd considered. But after reading on the bimmer forums about warranty implications, I chose to live with it (and complain at every opportunity) - and ultimately kick BWM to the curb.

I'm glad that you found a way around it, and that you don't see these as problems. The world would be quite boring if everyone had my view.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mahonj DIY Projects 0
Back