distance of GPS module from camera re: interference

You can move the adhesive pad to the other side if you don't mind the screws then showing. If you want a neater install you can optionally flip the GPS

I installed my Street Guardian SG9665GC V2 today and followed your GPS reversal video, but my GPS is not working with the Registrator Viewer, the map shows the Brooklyn Bridge area and nothing works in relation to Direction- Speed & Acceleration.
I will change the GPS back to it's original position in it's casing and see what happens. Otherwise it is working brilliantly out of the box.

I installed my Street Guardian SG9665GC V2 today and followed your GPS reversal video, but my GPS is not working with the Registrator Viewer, the map shows the Brooklyn Bridge area and nothing works in relation to Direction- Speed & Acceleration.
I will change the GPS back to it's original position in it's casing and see what happens. Otherwise it is working brilliantly out of the box.

if you get a chance can you upload a file from the camera to a file share and send me the link to check it?

if by chance the GPS has been damaged when you've flipped it just let me know and I'll send you a replacement, I'm not back in Australia until next week though

also make sure you're using the most recent version of Registrator Viewer, the earlier versions didn't support our product, link to download it in my signature

Will do jokiin, currently uploading a file but as you know it is slooooooow here downunder. :D

if you get a chance can you upload a file from the camera to a file share and send me the link to check it?

if by chance the GPS has been damaged when you've flipped it just let me know and I'll send you a replacement, I'm not back in Australia until next week though

also make sure you're using the most recent version of Registrator Viewer, the earlier versions didn't support our product, link to download it in my signature

I had already downloaded the latest Registrator Viewer (6.0.0.8) along with other files from the Street Guardian website.

Hi guys, is it normal for it to take up to a minute and a half before the GPS starts logging? I've noticed that if I haven't used the car for several hours it can take up to this long before I get any signal. I know it takes a little while to get a fix on the satellites but didn't think it would take that long. This is with a clear sky before anyone asks ;). Also have the module on my dash under a dash mat.

Most of the time it's instantaneous but first thing in the morning and after work in the afternoon is where it seems to take ages getting a fix (I can be a kilometer down the road before it starts logging). Just not sure if this is normal or not as I didn't have a GPS module when using the A118C.

Thanks.

Thanks jokiin, I thought it would be something like that as it only does it when it's been off for hours. I'll just have to let my car warm up for a minute or two of a morning and afternoon to give the GPS time to get it's fix :)

Overall very happy with the camera but will be ordering a CPL filter from you at the end of this week ;) (edit: 128GB Transcend installed and CPL filter ordered)

Thanks again,

Norm

Last edited:
Back