DIY hardwire kit to enable parking mode on 70mai?

ephestione

Reaction score
Country
Zimbabwe
I just received my brand new m300, and in my car I already have a DIY UPS of sorts for alarm and dashcam. I was kinda hoping M300 included a smart parking mode where, when no movement was detected but power was still on, parking mode would be automatically enabled. They could have totally done it, but noooo, they only allow you to turn off the camera in that case, but they do not activate parking mode, you have to buy the kit for that.
Well screw them, I own microusb plugs, and electrical skills... except I don't know how hardwire kit works; it must surely send a specific electric signal along the data lines of the microusb connector depending on the state of the car, but have some of you understood how that's done so I can replicate it?

Hi,
I was wondering the same. Even better, we could automatically switch the camera from an external 5V battery used for parking - but keeping such a battery in the car during the hot summer days can be problematic - and the car power when the engine is switched on. And here we could also not only decouple the camera from the external battery but also put the battery to charge from car's power so we can "park" with a full external battery...

Anyway, check this (check the description, it also has a reference to the original Ucranian guy I discovered too a few months ago doing this DYI project):

Hi,
I was wondering the same. Even better, we could automatically switch the camera from an external 5V battery used for parking - but keeping such a battery in the car during the hot summer days can be problematic - and the car power when the engine is switched on. And here we could also not only decouple the camera from the external battery but also put the battery to charge from car's power so we can "park" with a full external battery...

Anyway, check this (check the description, it also has a reference to the original Ucranian guy I discovered too a few months ago doing this DYI project):
lol, notice any resemblance between that video's author' and my handle? :)
That's my own youtube channel :p

• Haha
Reactions: mdk
LOL
lol, notice any resemblance between that video's author' and my handle? :)
That's my own youtube channel :p
LOL, obviously, I did not. : )))
Sorry, mate!
I bought the 70mai A800s camera and it has the time lapse option for park mode. It looks like it's a better option for parking surveillance than the shock activation alone.
However, I'm reluctant on keeping an external battery in the car and I also hate I would have to switch cables (to put the battery to charge and move the camera to car's USB while driving, then put everything back in place when parking). I guess some kind of 5V UPS, like this maybe:
, would something be nice to have, with the +5V coming to the car also directly wired to the pin #4 of the camera USB, to simulate the Hardware Kit presence.

...and all this because Hyundai says connecting any "parking mode" device to the cars' fuse box would void de warranty... :facepalm:

I built my own ups, no need to switch anything manually as it will start in parking mode when I turn off the engine... well I do switch one thing, there's a stationary pushbutton which enables or not parking mode (giving power to the camera even when vehicle is off)

Reactions: mdk
Not often you see ID line in Mico USB used! In fact 99% of cables don't even have that line traced. Guess you've figured it out by now.

Видео получилось на 5! :)

Back