Do all real f500lhd startup to this screen?

lkwan78

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Real f500lHd
I had a fake copy that just booted to the live preview.

But my real version goes to this screen everytime!

I think there is something wrong!

The camera no longer records automatically.

And I don't think it is charging!

Hi lkwan78,

What screen does it go to?

Oops.. I didn't realize my picture didnt get uploaded.

On the real unit, it turns on to this screen with these options when connected to USB power only. When powered by battery the options don't appear!

MSC- not sure what this does
Charge- I charging indicator come on but I can not use the dashcam!
Power on - dashcam is usable but doesn't seem like it is charging.

If I don't push any buttons. With in 5 secs it will go to the live preview and start recording. But since the battery is low. It shuts itself off.

I have had this for 5 days. And it is already acting up!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 415
lkwan78 said:
MSC- not sure what this does

Mass Storage Contents, in other words you can access the memory card to view the files, typically quite slow if you want to copy or view the files though, better to just take the card out and use a card reader in the PC

Any ideas why these options appear everytime my dashcam starts up when plugged into the car charger?

lkwan78 said:
Any ideas why these options appear everytime my dashcam starts up when plugged into the car charger?

software problem or wrong power cable, the power cables generally trigger recording while a cable connected to the PC does not

What Does the USB in option do?

Should it be YES or no?

lkwan78 said:
What Does the USB in option do?

Should it be YES or no?

not sure, not something we have in ours and haven't seen another with that option, what was the default setting?

Hi lkwan78,

That screen is standard for the F500LHD. When USB is connected it gives you those 3 options. If you do nothing, it should start recording automatically.

USB IN - Should be set to Yes. This allows the camera to automatically start recording when attached to power supply.

If your camera is shutting down after 5 seconds check your settings or perhaps it is not receiving power from the cable.

DashCamMan said:
If your camera is shutting down after 5 seconds check your settings or perhaps it is not receiving power from the cable.

auto shutdown can be menu driven when there's no recording, it can also happen if there's a problem with the memory card, card fault, no card inserted etc

Back