DO NOT BUY FROM GEARBEST !!

You are a marketing tool for them regardless of your rationalizations. You ARE affiliated with them despite these denials.
What I do is clear.
I review dashcams, post unedited videos and pictures. There were number of bad dashcams and my review mention that.
I have allowed Gearbest to use my videos in their site for the products I reviewed and same with other vendors like Papago, Vantrue etc... when I review their product.
So that part is correct that they have used my review for marketing and I'm aware of that but I don't get paid for that and it's not only one vendor, it goes to any dashcam review I do.

If you really have to win, yes I'm affiliated to Gearbest, LUKAS, Papago, Vantrue, Rexing and few others I missed.
Happy? Yippy... Now go do 20 jumping jacks.

as I said, I believe you should be, I think they're taking advantage of your generosity, what you've done for them is far more valuable than what you've received in return
That is true.
I think it's become a habit now to review like a drug. :D

You are a marketing tool for them regardless of your rationalizations. You ARE affiliated with them despite these denials.

a defacto relationship of sorts, guilty by association maybe

I don't feel it makes Sunny's views any less subjective but for new users it could look that way and I can certainly see people looking at it like it's cash for comment, the same goes for any review really, I think the fact that gearbest are getting to the point of sending anything and everything makes it look more skewed as there's so much of it that comes from them

What I do is clear.
I review dashcams, post unedited videos and pictures. There were number of bad dashcams and my review mention that.
I have allowed Gearbest to use my videos in their site for the products I reviewed and same with other vendors like Papago, Vantrue etc... when I review their product.
So that part is correct that they have used my review for marketing and I'm aware of that but I don't get paid for that and it's not only one vendor, it goes to any dashcam review I do.

If you really have to win, yes I'm affiliated to Gearbest, LUKAS, Papago, Vantrue, Rexing and few others I missed.
Happy? Yippy... Now go do 20 jumping jacks.

I'm not interested in "winning." I'm simply pointing out the facts so that others may reach their own conclusions.

Last edited:
That is true.
I think it's become a habit now to review like a drug. :D

I can certainly appreciate that some people just like doing reviews, look at how many reviews Niko used to do before he started selling cameras, you could have far worse hobbies that's for sure

I can certainly appreciate that some people just like doing reviews, look at how many reviews Niko used to do before he started selling cameras, you could have far worse hobbies that's for sure

Niko's reviews were astute, learned, in depth and objective reviews without discount codes and affiliate links. I miss them. Some of the very best we've ever seen on this site. He never chronically represented an individual retailer like Gearbest.

Yes, his reviews were much more detailed with lots of DIY tricks. It felt like he was full time on this, well he's now anyways. ;)
I don't think I'll start a business though unless there is a guarantee of six figure profit to replace my full time job.

Niko's reviews were astute, learned, in depth and objective reviews without discount codes and affiliate links. I miss them. Some of the very best we've ever seen on this site. He never chronically represented an individual retailer like Gearbest.
I only did what's allowed here by admin and if the product had promotions during my review.
I don't remember posting coupon codes for a while now, probably been over a year since I posted coupon codes in any review.
GB always has promotions but I don't follow that to post codes.
You only notice Gearbest coupon. You know why? Other sellers hardly ever have coupons so there is no coupon to post when I post product link. Duh!

Last edited:

Niko has always gone into great detail, he still does, if I ask him for some comparison footage or an opinion on a change we've made I'm generally greeted the next day by a wall of text and detailed examples, it's not always quick but it is always detailed, different reviewers have different styles though, spend some time with Niko and you'll always find him with a notepad and pen, he's quite meticulous in his approach and I guess that comes through in his review style

What is your point Sunny? You claimed no affiliation with your patrons but all we get is these sort of disconnected explanations. Let me just say this, you are no Techmoan.
Niko has always gone into great detail, he still does, if I ask him for some comparison footage or an opinion on a change we've made I'm generally greeted the next day by a wall of text and detailed examples, it's not always quick but it is always detailed, different reviewers have different styles though, spend some time with Niko and you'll always find him with a notepad and pen, he's quite meticulous in his approach and I guess that comes through in his review style

Niko has never ever come across as a shill for any retailer or indentured slave to a manufacturer. What he does is entirely different than what we are discussing here.

Yes, his reviews were much more detailed with lots of DIY tricks. It felt like he was full time on this, well he's now anyways. ;)
I don't think I'll start a business though unless there is a guarantee of six figure profit to replace my full time job.

I only did what's allowed here by admin and if the product had promotions during my review.
I don't remember posting coupon codes for a while now, probably been over a year since I posted coupon codes in any review.
You only notice Gearbest coupon. You know why? Other sellers hardly ever have coupons so there is no coupon to post when I post product link. Duh!

None of your explanations and denials will ever get me to believe that anyone who accepts thousands of dollars in merchandise from a single retailer for reviews and promotions is not "affiliated" with them regardless of codes and links, period.

I think it's appropriate to have the link to the product since they supplied it, I know it is within the site rules anyway, would be inappropriate to have a bunch of links to other sellers of the same

I guess it stands out more because there are so many from gearbest, add to that the amount of spamming they do themselves and it does make it look even worse

What is your point Sunny? You claimed no affiliation with your patrons but all we get is these sort of disconnected explanations. Let me just say this, you are no Techmoan.
Let me check my name. No, not Techmoan and I don't follow anyone's review style.
None of your explanations and denials will ever get me to believe that anyone who accepts thousands of dollars in merchandise from a single retailer for reviews and promotions is not "affiliated" with them regardless of codes and links, period.
I don't give a whatever to what you believe.
You can believe Santa is real but you are trying to make others believe that.
You are trying to make me an employee of someone that I'm not.
It's like a badly scratched CD that loops, "Oh my, he's getting thousands of dashcams for free...thousands of dashcams for free...thousands of dashcams for free..."
Your definition of affiliation and mine are different.
I only consider affiliation if I'm paid to do that.
Getting products for review is not affiliation but you don't get it.
Once you believe something, it's set in a stone even if it's not true and even after you hear from the horse's mouth.
What you think is right whether it's right or wrong. What a great way of believing in yourself but keep it to yourself.
I think it's appropriate to have the link to the product since they supplied it, I know it is within the site rules anyway, would be inappropriate to have a bunch of links to other sellers of the same

I guess it stands out more because there are so many from gearbest, add to that the amount of spamming they do themselves and it does make it look even worse
You understand things as they are. Volume wise GB is clearly on top.
Glad few here like you see things clearly instead of believing their imagination and shoving that imagination to others and never willing to understand or change things.

Let me check my name. No, not Techmoan and I don't follow anyone's review style.

I don't give a whatever to what you believe.
You can believe Santa is real but you are trying to make others believe that.
You are trying to make me an employee of someone that I'm not.
It's like a badly scratched CD that loops, "Oh my, he's getting thousands of dashcams for free...thousands of dashcams for free...thousands of dashcams for free..."
Your definition of affiliation and mine are different.
I only consider affiliation if I'm paid to do that.
Getting products for review is not affiliation but you don't get it.
Once you believe something, it's set in a stone even if it's not true and even after you hear from the horse's mouth.
What you think is right whether it's right or wrong. What a great way of believing in yourself but keep it to yourself.

You understand things as they are.
Glad few here like you see things clearly instead of believing their imagination and shoving that imagination to others and never willing to understand or change things.

How silly.

Let me just say this, you are no Techmoan.
about Techmoan. Do you think techmoan has something for return when he did reviews ? trancend maybe ?
Tobe fair. Because of review of sunny, It help alot when I tried to search about a model dashcam. Maybe he has some profit. But it's can be acceptable.

about Techmoan. Do you think techmoan has something for return when he did reviews ? .

every review has referral links, he earns some type of commission from that, no problem with that as he's up front about it

the links that Sunny posts with the reviews are affiliate links for this site (this is automated, not something Sunny does) which is fair also, the site costs money (and time and effort) for dashcamman to run and we all benefit from the site being here so some sort of income generated for the site is good, I don't feel personally that gearbest are a great seller, their after sales is questionable and I think they take advantage of things and often stuff gets deleted when they get overly spammy but it will have some sort of contribution toward the site being here which I feel is important

Ordering from Ebay or Amazon gives you certain protections. I believe seller's agreements with EBay and Amazon cause all sellers to adhere to rules protecting buyers here and abroad!

Its the way things work !
Product reviews are GREAT ! , and its fantastic that Gearbest and others have a policy of sponsoring such . And obviously there is a benefit to GB and others for doing so . Exposure !
If there was no benefit in product reviews , then we would have far fewer of them .
I pretty much do a review on almost everything I buy if I think it would benefit the reader .. Information , knowledge is power !
You are empowering people to make better or more informed decisions . Or at the very least making them aware of a product which at the very least might be entertaining .
So whether the review makes you go yay or nay , does not really matter . What matters is the larger pool of information , as every review may have a slightly different perspective or problem ? or even solution .
I dont see a problem , except possibly that everyone wants to get stuff to review ( Id have to put my hand up for that )

And yes there are benefits to the sponsor of the review , and that is as it should be ..
And GB is probably one of the / if not the largest sponsor of product reviews ...

So if you want to be a product reviewer , start doing product reviews on everything you buy .. And some one may take notice and start sending you stuff ..
Also hit your local Trades / Shops ...

Over 10 years ago I used to test/review computer stuff ( Mother boards - graphics cards - coolers - stuff like that ) and I had 3 local traders lending me stuff ( not to keep ) to test / review ..
Heck , I walked out the door one day with two trays of CPU's worth $7000 dollars ... ( How trusting was that )
And another time with two graphics cards ( The only two they had worth about $1500 together ) , Ti4200 and Ti4600 I think ( When they had only just come out ) .. ( that was a long time ago ) ..
So there you go , got to start some where !
I agree, generally, but have you read reviews for Gopro Hero cameras? There's hardly a negative comment! And there are negative attributes to some of the production units.

I agree, generally, but have you read reviews for Gopro Hero cameras? There's hardly a negative comment! And there are negative attributes to some of the production units.

depends if you talking about Amazon type reviews or professional type reviews, GoPro don't like it when people don't salivate over their products https://techcrunch.com/2013/03/20/run-dmca/

Not my place to comment on something I know nothing about !
Whether people chose to expand on negatives or lightly skip over them , or quite possible they never noticed ? ( I don't know )
Some times negatives are a matter of " OPINION " , one mans TRASH is another mans TREASURE ...
How , why , when , where opinions are formed is very variable
This is why we need more than one review , more than one point of view , and more than one opinion !
I think in some places in the world its called freedom , and in that spirit of freedom you have the right to your perspective - your point of view and as well your opinion .
You also have the right to respect other peoples rights ......

I've had two different GoPro cameras and both were rather awful. Hero 2 HD (bought when it was brand new) and one of the Hero3 Black editions. The Hero2 was completely OOF and the screen back I got had 5 dead pixels. The Hero3 black kept failing to save video. That one got returned. It was actually one of the reasons I started looking into other brands of action cam. I've had a better experience with a $40 no-name cam than I did with either GoPro but maybe that was just my luck :/

Back