DO NOT BUY FROM GEARBEST !!

In the past 2 years I made about 20 orders with gearbest. No problem at all. IN the last 6 months they improved a lot their shipping service (before they were not that much reliable in stock info, now is OK), now more reliable and faster than bangood (I have more than 100 orders with them, reliable too but slower).
I do not see all the fuss.
if you are in taiwan, why dont you order stuff from 1688 or taobao ? It's more cheaper and easier to replace for warranty.

as I said, I believe you should be, I think they're taking advantage of your generosity, what you've done for them is far more valuable than what you've received in return
Some of the same points can be applied to the reviewers of other cams here on DCT, SJCam is advertizing their products on this forum through their reviewers and Gitup will send you a free PCB when you PM them that your date/time battery is no longer functioning!
All is kosher if we remember the facts of the game!

Prepare for your email to be spammed if you sign up.

I still get emails from them even though ive unsubscribed so many times..

why don't people use Paypal to pay for it. sometimes, paypal will even pay for return.
I am now returning my dashcam 70mai. While a nice camera for the price, the fact that it is chinese only for the voice control makes it impossible for you to mark a file as an emergency recording.
anyhow, tried to talk to them, and they offered some partial refunds for the mistake. but for me, unless i can safely and reliably mark a video as emergency, it does not make sense to keep it.
filed a complaint with paypal and now I am expecting to see what is happening.
Will i order from them? if the price is correct and i am not able to find it anywhere else, then yes.
I like the part where i can order it in germany from china and have the customs handled by them. that makes a lot of sense.
I had bought a xiaomi vacuum and some other stuff from them, as had other friends without problems.
The false description and letting users believe this was the international version was very sad for me. it seems all of them do it, but still, fool me once shame on you. fool me twice, shame on me.
at least for me, paypal offered to pay return shipping. so at least gb will loose the shipping to me money and some future business.

So now an update. After two days of back and forth where gearbest kept offering me low ball refunds for a camera which basically is useless to me (70mai) as I do not speak Chinese and can not trigger the emergency recording, I started a complain through paypal.
There I've spent 3 more days with them on PayPal resolution center.
I am trying to be a nice guy, but gear best is really trained to try my patience.

The camera on the Spanish warehouse was advertised as international version.
First they accused me of not reading the discussions on their website. Where there was an answer from them stating that it was the Chinese version. They did not mentioned that they cherry picked the answer, as they had other 3 answers stating it's the English version.
They ignored my argument that they mentioned 4 times on their website voice control but never mention Chinese.
I showed them that when you order from what app there is no such discussion. And they keep promoting the app with exclusive discounts.

Anyhow, they also tried to explain to me how expensive it is to return the camera, and that as a one of the time offer, they will be generous and offer me ~35€, considering I had to pay ~53€.
After threatening them with escalation they finally provided me with an address in Spain where wI as supposed to deliver the camera with 7 days. This was bold of them, it is ok for them to take 100days, but you have to send it back really fast.

I got a bit pissed as I do not have a camera with me on my 2 weeks road trip. And I had to spend 1 hour to post the camera before I could leave for holiday.

Anyhow, hopefully this is over, and i will get my money back. PayPal is paying for the return shipping so I will get out of it with only one hour lost and a bit of stress.

Their attitude would of deserved me shipping them stones, but I am above that, and their ****ty busines model will kill them in the long run with such customer service.
I was satisfied and recommended them to others.
Now I will be looking for a replacement, as I will gladly pay 2-5% more for better service and respect.
Usually my friends follow my recomandations as they know me as the bargain hunter, who demands quality and respect.
So in the long run it's their loss. There are a lot other Chinese websites with similar prices.
I will post an update when I get the refund and present their attempt of not giving me the full refund.
I have the feeling that paypal will get involved.
To be continued...

I will post an update when I get the refund and present their attempt of not giving me the full refund.
I have the feeling that paypal will get involved.
To be continued...

the reason sellers try to offer partial refund is once they do that PayPal won't get involved any further once that happens, it's just playing the system

Did not realized that. Thanks for pointing it out.
Anyhow. I trust paypal. Now I'm waiting on the outcome. I move almost all my online shopping through them or Amazon, as cc /debit card are still expensive here...

Back