Does a dashcam like this exist?

I'm of the opinion that you may be better off with a very discreet traditional dash cam as I'm not convinced that a flashing LED on the camera is really all that much of a deterrent and could even attract unwanted attention. The upcoming (but long over due since first announced) Street Guardian SG9663DR which uses two small remote discreet camera modules connected to a central (potentially hidden) main control box might be a good option. The similar concept INNOVV K2 (DUAL Channel) Motorcycle Camera might work.

You'll need a big enough memory card and adequate battery capacity, of course. Aside from using your car battery (which can have some drawbacks) many people use a portable power bank or a dedicated hard wired dash cam power pack such as one of the
Cellink models.

As for GPS tracking, that might be best accomplished with a separate dedicated tracking device designed specifically for this purpose. GPS units in dash cams are generally designed only for capturing your coordinates and displaying them on the video itself or for viewing your location, speed and other data on a live Google map and console on your computer monitor when viewing your footage at home rather than remotely tracking your vehicle.

Some good GPS tracking devices are discussed
HERE.
Thank you so much for your precius info, I was looking the
Street Guardian SG9663DR
https://streetguardian.info/sg9663dcpro the website doesn't seems very accurate, I still have to understand if it have the night visión, impact and motion detection, parking mode and some other stuff I'm looking for.
And thanks for the GPS trackers link, I have to study a lot.

In general dashcams with so called night vision are BS, it is good for the camera filming the cabin to have IR light, and that is also a option as far as i recall on the DC PRO.
But you do not want to have IR light on a camera aimed at glass as it might well just blind itself with the reflection in the glass of the IR light, and the IR light also don't reach more than 1 or 2 meters.
the DC PRO also have always record low bitrate, that is what i am going to use when i get to try parking mode,,,, but i am not going to try 24/7 as that is wasted as i have CCTV from my apartment aimed at my parked car, so only need parking guard for when i am shopping.

Motion detect are not optimal if you park in a place with activity like the side of the road or a parking lot, then it will probably just be recording all the time, G - sensor are better, but it might not detect very small bumps or maybe someone that key the side of your car.
Testing the cheap B1W on my windacreen in parking mode i was able to trikker the G sensor just by kicking the rear wheel, and you can not kick a steel wheel that hard wearing sneakers.

Street Guardian SG9663DR which uses two small remote discreet camera modules connected to a central (potentially hidden) main control box
Actually I can't see nowhere this separated control box, in this video SD cards are inside the camera:

Actually I can't see nowhere this separated control box, in this video SD cards are inside the camera:

The Street Guardian SG9663DR is a camera that was first announced (under development) well over a year ago is not yet on the market but it will have two small lens modules and a central control box. The SG9663DC in the video you posted is a different model that has a main camera unit and a second remote camera module for the rear facing window of your car.

Yes as i said there are not really a dashcam for sale yet that are dual remote cameras, i was sort of expecting the K2S i am testing to have started to sell now, but something seem to have come up.

The SG9663DR have been talked about for a while now, some would even argue a long while, and many have been exited and the calmed down again in that time, but there are no whispers if it will start selling soon.
Other people have found out that the DR model are pretty much the same hardware as existing models, so if stealth are not a very big deal for those people they have just gotten something like the SG9663DC PRO .
I am also still exited, but aside for winning big in lotto and buying a substantial share of street Guardian, there are nothing i can do to move things along, so just have to relax and see when it is cleared for release / sale.

Again thanke to everybody here, all pieces are taking its place, what about the sides of the car?A frontal and rear camera wont be able to cover the sides of the car?What do you suggest?360?

Again thanke to everybody here, all pieces are taking its place, what about the sides of the car?A frontal and rear camera wont be able to cover the sides of the car?What do you suggest?360?

There are no commercially available dash cams specifically intended as side facing cameras because it is difficult to design a good universal mounting system that also won't interfere with side curtain air bags.
Nevertheless, many of us have created our own side cam systems and personally I wouldn't be without side facing cameras at this point.

There is an older, lengthy thread entitled, "Is there such thing as a side view dashcam?" where you can read all about them and see what results we've achieved.

Last edited:
Hi, just some news, I'm thinking about buying a dash cam on Alibaba togheter with some friends of mine and some of my family, 10 pieces iwouldbe enough and we could buy a good product for a reasonable price, some of you will think I'm crazy:

For example I like the Junsun S590 4K (front & rear).

For the GPS tracker I found some models that don't require a monthly fee, but I still have to understand how they work, like this one:

For the GPS tracker I found some models that don't require a monthly fee, but I still have to understand how they work, like this one:

there's no fee for the tracking service itself, that's not really unique as there are free services that can be used with most trackers, you still need a SIM card and a data plan though

there's no fee for the tracking service itself, that's not really unique as there are free services that can be used with most trackers, you still need a SIM card and a data plan though
Yes, but it seems that it won't be so expensive, a few prepaid giga would least for a long time, at least that's what I understood.

they don't use a lot of data, how cost effective it will be depends on what service is available in your country

they don't use a lot of data, how cost effective it will be depends on what service is available in your country
What I still have to understand is why the majority of GPS trackers still have a monthly fee, do they offer something more?If not how can somebody choose for a gps with monthly fee when you can have the same result without it?

What I still have to understand is why the majority of GPS trackers still have a monthly fee, do they offer something more?If not how can somebody choose for a gps with monthly fee when you can have the same result without it?
most are providing a solution that includes a data plan so they bundle the costs in together, if you want to put it together yourself then of course it can be done cheaper, there are other free tracking services available that can be used with even cheaper trackers than the one you are looking at

The Junsun S590 are not 4K it have a 4 megapixels OV 4689 sensor and you need 8 megapixel to make true 4K, in this day and age you have to be very careful with things that say 4K
The rear camera use a Sony IMX 323, which are okay but by now really a outdated sensor ( 1080p )
And it do not have GPS tracker, it have GPS information in the footage but not a tracker you can MSG to get car location.

The Junsun S590 are not 4K it have a 4 megapixels OV 4689 sensor and you need 8 megapixel to make true 4K, in this day and age you have to be very careful with things that say 4K
The rear camera use a Sony IMX 323, which are okay but by now really a outdated sensor ( 1080p )
And it do not have GPS tracker, it have GPS information in the footage but not a tracker you can MSG to get car location.
Thanks for the info, the GPS tracker to be honest is something that (after your infos here) I don't see connected to a dash cam, I mean, if somebody steal your car, unless he´s a complete idiot, the first thing he Will do is to disconnect the dash cam, so I think a separate gps tracker would be the best option.
I don't want to be cheeky but which one you think could be a good dash cam on Alibaba?I would like something small, front and rear

I don't want to be cheeky but which one you think could be a good dash cam on Alibaba?I would like something small, front and rear

if you want to buy on Alibaba then there are very few that would be considered good ones, mostly the rubbish ones are sold there

In general yes, i think criminals will disable the camera, but ! there are exemptions for everything.

Also you can buy a GPS jammer for 10 dollars, that you just plug into the cigarette plug in the car, and then it will jam any GPS tracker you might have on the car.

images

Smart criminals are often 1 step ahead of you, BUT ! most of them are not so smart, and many are even down right stupid.

PS. Regarding video above, the camera angle indicate the camera must be mounted right in front of the driver, and Garmin cameras then was not really among the small or stealthy ones. :rolleyes:

PS. Regarding video above, the camera angle indicate the camera must be mounted right in front of the driver, and Garmin cameras then was not really among the small or stealthy ones. :rolleyes:
It almost looks ouside, like on the roof or something.

Also you can buy a GPS jammer for 10 dollars, that you just plug into the cigarette plug in the car, and then it will jam any GPS tracker you might have on the car.

images
Easy sorted - when you install your fuse tap in the accessory fuse socket, don't put the original fuse back in, then their GPS jammer wont work :D

Back