Does A119 V2 have a rechargeable RTC battery?

Vioq

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Sometimes, the time resets to 2016, and when that happens, I'm getting blank footage (large video files with just black screen).

Yes, it's rechargeable, but it could be bad at this point. Try leaving it powered on for 24 to 48 hours to see if it can fully charge.

Sometimes, the time resets to 2016, and when that happens, I'm getting blank footage (large video files with just black screen).
Yes it does but usually the rtc doesn't affect video recording.
Have you tried playing the video on another device?

Thanks guys, I'll leave powered for a few day and see if it fixes both problems
LateralNW - yea I did. Videos are totally corrupt (but only when it resets).

Thanks guys, I'll leave powered for a few day and see if it fixes both problems
LateralNW - yea I did. Videos are totally corrupt (but only when it resets).
Try replaying the videos in the dashcam. Viofo used to suggest that it can fix corrupt files.
If you have a spare Micro SDcard try that out as many problems with viofo dashcams are card related.

I'm getting blank footage (large video files with just black screen).
On models 119 and 119S, there was a failure of ionistors.
You can check like this:
When the power is turned off, the last video file must be intact, if it is damaged, then the problem is in the capacitors.

Yes, it is rechargeable. If you have not used the camera for a long time, the settings may be lost as the button battery can help to keep the settings for two weeks at most normally. Have you confirmed whether it is always the last video or not that is corrupt? If yes, then the capacitor may be defective now.

Well it's acting weird again.
I charged it for a few days at home , disconnected from power for 6 hours, power on and confirmed that the date is correct.
Yesterday (8/1) I put the dashcam in the car. The date was ok, there's a small video.
Today (8/2), when I turned on the car, the date reset to 2018.
I drove for 15 minutes. Got out, Returned the the car a few minutes later and when I started it, the date was correct.

I checked the videos, those which are selected are corrupted.
See the first file. the file name is 2018 but the Date Modified is correct and the video is not corrupt.

The last video from today is ok.

1690968254982.png

Before you recorded the MP4 files was the unit fully recharged and on charge during recording ?

Once these batteries start to reach end of life they can be rapidly discharged. The V2 is now quite old and a new RTC battery (or newer dashcam) may be the way forward.

I don't know how to tell if the RTC is fully recharged, I left the dashcam connected for 3 days give or take.

@Viioq, even the A119 V3 has been on the market for over three years now, so obviously your V2 is far older than that.

While it would be possible you could replace your RTC battery, it requires dismantling the camera and soldering a new battery to the circuit board. Instead, I would suggest replacing your V2 with a new V3. You can find them at very attractive prices these days, especially on Amazon (about $80 USD). It would be a very nice and worthwhile upgrade from your V2. I hear Amazon is soon to launch an outlet in Israel.

don't know how to tell if the RTC is fully recharged, I left the dashcam connected for 3 days give or take.
Can you confirm that these files are in order?

Attachments

• IMG_20230802_145141.png
    IMG_20230802_145141.png
    86.3 KB · Views: 6
The ones you circled are in order. They're the last two videos of the drive.

Thanks. Is there a video how to replace the RTC battery?

Back