Double beep...

blexann

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'm getting this double beep while driving and the camera is recording, turning it off then on again termorarily stops the beeping but it comes back again. I tried reformating the card but that didn't help.

I'm currently running it off the cigarette lighter

any idea what could be wrong?

Probably a memory card issue. Is the memory card getting old?

You could try giving the memory card a format with the SD Association, SD Card Formatter, in full (slow) format mode. Sometimes this cleans the cards up and they work faster again for a while.

Otherwise try a different memory card...

card is about 2 years old, I'll try that now.

I was going to buy a new card but the Viofo site only recommends 2 cards - and they're so specific on the brand/specs

card is about 2 years old, I'll try that now.
It may be wearing out then, depending on how much recording you do, and what sort of card it is.
I would try a format with the SD Card Formatter, a normal format wont clean the card up.

I was going to buy a new card but the Viofo site only recommends 2 cards - and they're so specific on the brand/specs
Those recommendations are based on the latest 3 channel high bitrate dashcams, a 2 channel A129 is not so demanding. Having said that, I'm not sure what cards would work OK, maybe do a google search for recommendations if you don't like the Viofo ones.

It may be wearing out then, depending on how much recording you do, and what sort of card it is.
I would try a format with the SD Card Formatter, a normal format wont clean the card up.

Those recommendations are based on the latest 3 channel high bitrate dashcams, a 2 channel A129 is not so demanding. Having said that, I'm not sure what cards would work OK, maybe do a google search for recommendations if you don't like the Viofo ones.

SD Association, SD Card Formatter, in full (slow) format mode......id the trick. Thanks you very much

Back