Download files from phone?

missile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have downloaded files from camera to my iPhone 6. How can I download these from phone to my PC?

I know I can remove the SD card and copy to PC, but was hoping to do it by Wifi.

Many Thanks, Bob.

You can export the files within the dashcam app. they will show up in your photos app. From there you can move them to your computer. If you have a mac I think they can move via your photo stream automatically.

Hi,

I have downloaded files from camera to my iPhone 6. How can I download these from phone to my PC?

I know I can remove the SD card and copy to PC, but was hoping to do it by Wifi.

Many Thanks, Bob.
You won't want to transfer files via wi-fi. Every minute is about 100MB (depending on camera). It will take forever.

You can do it through Dropbox Camera Upload but it will take "forever", yeah.

I used to have an Android phone and there I used an app called ES File Explorer which let me add my NAS in the app and from there I could transfer the files through my local Wi-Fi. Maybe there's a similar app for iOS that you can use. If you don't have a NAS just create a share on your PC.

If you don't have a NAS just create a share on your PC.
Can you expand on this or point to a "how to create a share and move video to your PC via WiFi" Tutorial or YouTube video

You can export the files within the dashcam app. they will show up in your photos app. From there you can move them to your computer. If you have a mac I think they can move via your photo stream automatically.
The files only appear in the thinkware app not in photo app. I have been unable to access these to download to my PC.

You won't want to transfer files via wi-fi. Every minute is about 100MB (depending on camera). It will take forever.
I don't want to download all the video files, only a few. A 1 minute file is 80MB and I find it takes circa 1 minute to download to my phone using the Thinkware app.

Last edited:
You can export the files and then they will show up in the photo's app on your iPhone

They ONLY appear in the Thinkware app on my iPhone.

You can EXPORT the videos once downloaded. Touch the 3 dots to the right in the Videos Downloaded. It gives you the option to export.

You can get them off your phone wit iTunes.
Connect phone and go to apps installed on phone.
There will be a list with apps that can store files.
Click on the dashcam app and iT Will show the files you saved on the Phone.
From here you can also delete the files from your phone.
See attached screenshot

Attachments

• 2016-10-17.png
    2016-10-17.png
    192 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

This may help you .What i have done is send the video you want from your phone as a text to your phone number them it goes as an iMessage to all your devices to do what you want with .Really quick and easy ;)

@Thinkware Can anyone tell me if the Thinkware x350 is able to connect to my laptop directly like the majority of other DVR"s I don't see any USB cables in the advertisements. And they seem to supply only a car charger but where it the cable with a USB conector for in house.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me if the Thinkware x350 is able to connect to my laptop directly like the majority of other DVR"s I don't see any USB cables in the advertisements. And they seem to supply only a car charger but where it the cable with a USB conector for in house.
@Thinkware Don't like to sit in the car to fiddle with the settings that's why a USB cable for in house would be nice. Not just a wifi conection.

I think you are going to find out it is not possible. I would love to be able to do that. I don't mind connecting through my phone. The problem for me is the time it takes to transfer the file from the camera to my phone and then from my phone to a cloud storage solution (like google drive) so I can access it on my laptop. They say that the carriage for the card is not a fail point but I have to think that taking it out regularly will cause something to wear out eventually.

I think you are going to find out it is not possible. I would love to be able to do that. I don't mind connecting through my phone. The problem for me is the time it takes to transfer the file from the camera to my phone and then from my phone to a cloud storage solution (like google drive) so I can access it on my laptop. They say that the carriage for the card is not a fail point but I have to think that taking it out regularly will cause something to wear out eventually.
Too bad because Best Buy in Canada has the x350 on sale for $169. till Dec 1 but I will pass on it because it is not very convenient. That's the weak link with that Thinkware x350

The x350 is a good camera. My wife has it in her car. I wouldn't discount it because you want to plug it in. You could take your laptop out to the car and pull the card. The other option is to have a second or third card. I do this so if there is something that happens I pull the card and replace it with the backup and carry on.

The x350 is a good camera. My wife has it in her car. I wouldn't discount it because you want to plug it in. You could take your laptop out to the car and pull the card. The other option is to have a second or third card. I do this so if there is something that happens I pull the card and replace it with the backup and carry on.
The card is not the issue Its that I cannot play with the settings of the cam while its powered up via a USB cable in my home. I suppose I can do it once in the car and forget the settings. May I ask you ...If there is a firmware update how would you download it if my IPhone has no data so WIFI is not an option outside my home Can the firmware update be installed on the card then put back into cam and it will install?

Last edited:
The settings file resides on the card. You can make the changes through the viewer software when the card is in your computer. Another option that some are using is to have the camera powered all the time through a battery pack. You would have to go our and activate the wifi on the camera but if the signal is strong enough you may be able to make the adjustments, etc from your phone at a distance.

Back