Download files from phone?

The settings file resides on the card. You can make the changes through the viewer software when the card is in your computer. Another option that some are using is to have the camera powered all the time through a battery pack. You would have to go our and activate the wifi on the camera but if the signal is strong enough you may be able to make the adjustments, etc from your phone at a distance.
Thank you for taking the time to help me out. I will decide today if I will buy it. Its not so bad after your explanation

Sorry for the dredge of this thread but..

I used to be able to download the saved videos by connecting my iPhone to iTunes, in iTunes the apps listed as being on the iPhone at the bottom was an area that showed what was contained in the apps, THINKWARE DASHCAM MOBILE VIEWER was in that part, unfortunatly its no longer there, I managed to get the files off recently by selecting export video in the app but this is nolonger working, it comes back with export failed every time now.
Any one know how to fix this?

Off topic: does anyone know the name of software that can copy a video file that was copied from a DVR to my computer and then sent by email...I did have this software before till I did a format on my pc and forgot the name of that software

why not drag(copy) the file from the DVR (dvd reader) to C?
There was a program that I used to have that let me email large DVR files without any difficulties.

VLC would work to convert or trim a video file to make it small enough to email.

Sorry for the dredge of this thread but..

I used to be able to download the saved videos by connecting my iPhone to iTunes, in iTunes the apps listed as being on the iPhone at the bottom was an area that showed what was contained in the apps, THINKWARE DASHCAM MOBILE VIEWER was in that part, unfortunatly its no longer there, I managed to get the files off recently by selecting export video in the app but this is nolonger working, it comes back with export failed every time now.
Any one know how to fix this?

I'm interested if you or anyone else figure out a solution. I had saved videos from my camera to the phone app via wifi before, but never downloaded them because the videos weren't important enough. Now I have a video that I do want to download. I waited too long to take the sd card out and manually download it to my mac computer--the video had been recorded over, but it's still saved in my Lukas ios app.

Within the app, it gives me an option to move a file within the app, to a "documents folder". Once I do that, I can't find said folder. Did this with a file I don't care about. Hardwiring to mac and itunes doesn't show anything like S0750 used to do either.

So how can I get a saved video from my Lukas ios app to my computer? Any help is appreciated.

btw, I have a Lukas 7950WD.

anything saved to your phone would have to be accessed via iTunes, it's the way Apple does things
Respectfully intended, that statement is a few years out of date.

I have no experience with the Lukas camera or software and am unsure why it's being discussed in the Thinkware forum, but for videos downloaded into the Thinkware iphone app the following applies for accessing them:

Within the Videos Downloaded list, tap the three-dots icon for the file and select Export -- the video will then be within the iOS Photos app in the Videos album. At that point you can then export it via Message, eMail, iCould Photo Sharing, send it YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, save to iCloud drive, save to Dropbox, or open in iMovie to edit.

iTunes has no role in any of the above.

Unfortunately, the Thinkware iOS app does not allow for multi-video export, it only does them one at a time. That's more the Thinkware software than it is anything else.

I'm sure you're correct, I have an iPhone but haven't used it for a few years, moved on from them as I got sick of the the limitations, only use them for testing these days

Yeah, platforms change over time. I have far more annoyances and hiccups with my KitKat tablet than I've ever had with an iOS phone, I imagine current gen Android stuff is better.

Yeah I have devices running most common versions and the older ones are certainly not as polished as the later ones, I'm over iPhone's though, the value isn't there for me personally these days, far better options for my needs from alternate brands

Respectfully intended, that statement is a few years out of date.

I have no experience with the Lukas camera or software and am unsure why it's being discussed in the Thinkware forum, but for videos downloaded into the Thinkware iphone app the following applies for accessing them:

Within the Videos Downloaded list, tap the three-dots icon for the file and select Export -- the video will then be within the iOS Photos app in the Videos album. At that point you can then export it via Message, eMail, iCould Photo Sharing, send it YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, save to iCloud drive, save to Dropbox, or open in iMovie to edit.

iTunes has no role in any of the above.

Unfortunately, the Thinkware iOS app does not allow for multi-video export, it only does them one at a time. That's more the Thinkware software than it is anything else.
When I do this it says "export failed" and will not show up in the IOS photos app anywhere. I've had this work many times in the past but it won't work now for some reason. I really need help ASAP please

after ive downloaded a clip from the camera to the phone (via wifi)
I can no longer export it to to my iphone's photo album,
which is th only way to ge it off the phone after...
(album access by the thinkware app is set to allow...)

Back