Downloading recordings

Lord Wayne

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Is there a faster way of downloading the recordings then using my phone? I tried using my computer to read the files but it wouldn't recognize the format of the card.

Welcome to DCT @Lord Wayne :)

Your computer may need the "k-lite" codec pack. It's freeware and google can take you there. Personally I use the free VLC media player instead of Windows as it plays more types of vids inherently, and with the k-lite codec pact it plays almost all formats.

Always faster to DL or view vid files direct from the card on your computer than through wifi.

Phil

That's my problem SawMaster. When a insert the sd card into my computer, it does not recognize it. If you tell me you can read the files on the card directly from your computer, then I have other problems. Let me be clear, i can play the video files once I transfer it from my phone to my computer. I cannot see any of the files on the sd card, when i plug the sd card into my computer

Could be a driver issue; I've heard of that happening with Win8.1 and up.

Phil

Thank you jokiin, that was exactly the problem. I was using a really old card reader. They don't support the larger capacity cards. :)

Is there any way to access directly the SDCard from Camera's Wifi?
I want to backup my camera videos automatically. I saw that someone did this for tesla dashcam with a Raspberry Pi Zero. I would like to do the same with 70Mai Pro

Thanks!
Best Regards,

Maybe someone found way how to automatically upload files to FTP from dash cam?

See this post on how to see/get the files. Yo need some type of app tool to back it up more easily :unsure:

Last edited:
This is the only downside about the dashcam. I realise in Windows Explorer (File Manager) that if you select hidden file option, it shows the hidden folders of the normal folders files. Although the hidden folders files plays in Windows Media Player, only downside is they are a small size and not full size.
Seems the only way to get full size is via VLC player or by downloading it to smartphone via the app.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
gidano Dash Cam Pro / MiDrive D02 1
Back