DR-650S 1CH internal resonation/vibration

crockyy

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hello all,

I have just installed a DR-650S 1CH.
As you can hear in the following video, the dashcam resonates/vibrates at a certain engine RPM (around 4000):
The car is a Golf GTI with a pretty loud exhaust and engine.
Does anyone else have this problem too, is it normal?

Thanks!

Are you sure the camera's fitted correctly into the holder, or perhaps touching your mirror and are the cables secure It sounds as if something's loose, perhaps the cam is between two cogs.

John

Are you sure the camera's fitted correctly into the holder, or perhaps touching your mirror and are the cables secure It sounds as if something's loose, perhaps the cam is between two cogs.

John
Yes, I refitted the holder twice. Cam doesn't touch anything. Also removed and inserted the cam several times in the holder.
The vibration only occurs at a certain engine RPM, so not above or below.
When comparing the sound in the clip vs. the sound in the car it is obvious that something is resonating inside the cam...

Hi crockyy

I don't want to state the bleeding obvious, but have you tried switching everything off, including the cam, to hear if the noise/vibration is still there (at the same RPM)?

John

Hi crockyy

I don't want to state the bleeding obvious, but have you tried switching everything off, including the cam, to hear if the noise/vibration is still there (at the same RPM)?

John
Yes, removed cam and no vibration, reinstalled cam switched off => vibration, reinstalled and switched on => vibration.

I've not seen any other posts concerning vibrations with the Blackvue cams. Try getting someone to hold the cam in their hand. If the vibration's still there, get a refund/replacement.

Good luck

John

Seems normal for a loud exhaust, these mics don't perform very well in loud cars or if there's a lot of wind.

Back