DR-650S 2CH Restarting

the Blackvue data rate is not that high, I suspect the issue has more to do with a recent decline in the quality of Lexar memory cards, previously they were quite good, not a card I'd recommend any more though

My Phantom Pro 3 UAV records native 4K at 60Mbps bit rate with no problems. The GoPro Hero 4 Black I have writes to this card non-stop until it overheats and shuts down in summer with no problems. I am very curious why the Blackvue camera have requirements above and beyond when it is only 1080P.

I'm a technically minded individual therefore I believe there is certain criteria required that the manufacturer is not releasing which I find anti-competitive. It's evident now on the forums, only the Blackvue camera is fussy over what card you put in. This is not about the cards endurance, because this time it's within 10 minutes of the camera starting up, it ****s itself and reboots.

What I am getting more pissed off is that I am getting ridiculous excuses why I must spend my money on Blackvue branded cards - this is clearly a product issue where it needs very specific card requirements. What they are, the manufacturer definitely is now releasing. I totally wished I purchased a different make of camera now.

Actually I do think there is some problem in the BlackVUE cameras itself. It's not possible that almost every card is "incompatible" and even BlackVUE cards don't work 100% reliable - eg. I got already mine BlackVUE card to full format three times, otherwise the unit got constant reboots. I spend money on another "HD video" certified cards, while they work in any other devices without issue, they don't work in BlackVUE reliably. And that was during winter so for sure it was not overheating problem.

Back