DR650GW Adhesive issue

mitch musni

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, everyone.

I just purchased and received the DR650GW-2CH + Cellink B last week. Finally hooked it all up yesterday, both front and rear cams. I am enjoying it--although hopefully it does not fail in the summer heat as I plan to leave the cams in the car during my work hours.

I am using the stock adhesives that they come with. The front cam is against the front windshield, but the rear cam is seated on a flat plastic material on the ceiling of the car. I have attached a picture of (what I believe to be) the same material but it is used on the interior passenger side door. Unfortunately, I cannot produce the picture of where I installed the rear cam, but my issue is that it keeps falling off. I'm worried the front will fall off, too. Is anyone aware (or can confirm) if they have had any issues with their adhesives failing against plastic surfaces? Are there any recommendations for stronger adhesives that will not damage the surface?

FYI: I drive a Hyundai Veloster...if you've driven this car before or have seen the rear interior in detail, you know that it's a bit difficult to install it on the rear ceiling window.

Any thoughts? Thank you!

Attachments

• interior door.jpg
    interior door.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 6
As far as I know, the adhesive only works on completely flat surfaces, and most plastic trim inside a car is never 100% flat. Nonetheless, plastic and adhesives rarely stick together properly because of the chemicals in the plastic (or so I was told - it's a bit like how tape rarely sticks to your car interior trim).

As far as I know, the adhesive only works on completely flat surfaces, and most plastic trim inside a car is never 100% flat. Nonetheless, plastic and adhesives rarely stick together properly because of the chemicals in the plastic (or so I was told - it's a bit like how tape rarely sticks to your car interior trim).

Thanks for the response! This is unfortunate. I tried to figure out how I could mount the rear cam everywhere that was a good vantage point, but unfortunately had no luck.

I might have to go with some super strong adhesive if I can possibly get lucky finding one, or worst case glue it...that's more of a final resort, though. Alternative solution is to elevate it from the bottom surface (rather than the ceiling) and stick the cam to whatever I use to elevate it. The bottom surface is this fuzzy material--maybe I can do something with this.

Again, thanks for the immediate response!

Back