DR970X GPS issues?

mcmanus

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR900S-2Ch, Aukey DR02D
Hey everyone…..

So my DR900S finally bit the dust after purchasing just after its launch.

Had some store credits laying around so decided to go with the 970X as a replacement.

Install went fine luckily didn’t have to rerun the coax.

Anyways the issue I’m having is that GPS is not turning on at all. It’s enabled in the settings, I’ve even tried turning it off then back on.

My 900S never had any issues with GPS.

The indicator light won’t even turn on.

Any ideas?

Hey everyone…..

So my DR900S finally bit the dust after purchasing just after its launch.

Had some store credits laying around so decided to go with the 970X as a replacement.

Install went fine luckily didn’t have to rerun the coax.

Anyways the issue I’m having is that GPS is not turning on at all. It’s enabled in the settings, I’ve even tried turning it off then back on.

My 900S never had any issues with GPS.

The indicator light won’t even turn on.

Any ideas?
Did you manage to get this resolved?
I'm having the same issue on the newer DR970X Plus.
My previous versions didn't have any issues

He hasn't been back on the site since he made that post, I doubt he's gonna answer you.

Did you manage to get this resolved?
I'm having the same issue on the newer DR970X Plus.
My previous versions didn't have any issue

I’m now seeing the GPS issue. No GPS data being logged in currently in Montana and the dashboard shows my cam is sitting at my house in NC

I had this for first time on the LTE model this week, but it was because the camera had 'crashed'.
The GPS was frozen and the linked battery (130-X) no longer showed its percentage - it just says 'check'.
I took the SD card out, put in a PC and reset all the firmware settings to default (only way to factory reset a BlackVue dashcam).
Put back in camera, loaded it up, then took SD card back out and formatted the SD card, then put back in camera - then change any firmware settings back to whatever I wanted, and the camera went back to normal again - GPS showing correctly and battery life displayed too.

I've still not had an update on the DR970X Plus (non-LTE) hardware design issue causing GPS issues from BlackVue. They been running tests for over a month. Last time I checked with then, they had national holiday and the people dealing also had other time off.

I did the reformat gps is logging on the SD card but unable to download over LTE and not showing the vehicle on the app map. Maybe it’s a software bug

Remove the camera from Cloud access and delete the camera from your phone app.

Then re-pair as though it's initial setup.

Thank should resolve it.

Back