Dride 4K

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
After a month long battle, starting with a wrong name on the parcel, and then spiced up with the very incompetent Danish postal, or postnord if you like.
Well it have not been a joyride.

So meanwhile reading on the dride forum, and i was not overly enthusiastic, and as you can see from this raw footage, something aint right here

Not sure if it is a setting ( sharpness ) or a lens thing, but things have a quite soft / blurry feel, and worse when they are further away

After the weekend when we get a little sun and i go for a drive to the range with the rifle, i will make a little head 2 head with the 70maiA800S that have the same 4K sensor.

something aint right here
Rather a lot of chromatic aberration, not a very good lens for a 4K camera.
Are you going to have a go at focusing it? Not sure that it is out of focus though...

Not going to mess with it now, but down the road, if there is one i might try to slap another lens in there.

As the super guy said in a marvel movie " Not impressed"

Not sure I can see properly through Youtube, but there seems to be a lack of sharpening and lens corrections from the firmware, so I'm not sure that even a better lens will solve the issue!

Yeah i am on the fence too, they should be working hard on this very issue, at least that's how i feel.
really for a product that have spend +1 year in development, it should be way more polished, IMO it look like default settings across the board when it come to IQ
Also make one wonder how the big brands are able to almost launch new models every single year. even if of course they are more than a 10 man company.
There are not many happy posts on the dride forum :)

Also make one wonder how the big brands are able to almost launch new models every single year. even if of course they are more than a 10 man company.
Because every new model is 90% old model, so really they have spent 10 years developing the new model.

Someone who is new to making dashcams needs to start with a basic model and work up, not start with one that is more advanced than the most advanced available from the experts!

Kickstarter is great for things that have never been done before, but dashcams have...

dride also made 1 camera before, even 1440p as i recall

A little coca cola to Champagne comparison.

compiled a little video today, lets just say if the dride is the Vatican then it is going to war with Italy in the form of the Vantrue N5, and loose as its Swiss guard are no match.

compiled a little video today, lets just say if the dride is the Vatican then it is going to war with Italy in the form of the Vantrue N5, and loose as its Swiss guard are no match.

What an absolutely abysmall abomination the Dride is. Perfect example of getting ****ed over by Kickstarter which is why I don't back anything off there these days after getting burned twice back in the day

2 updates lately, but clearly not updates to camera properties that really matter.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kamkar Your Dash Cam Videos (recorded by you) 52