dride 4K no sound quality

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Like at all.
Here i am playing Carlos Santana, see if you can tell.

This dashcam are just as mess, it should never have been launched like this

I kinda' like it. Between the blurry video and the strange audio, it's like watching the beginning of some sort of creepy horror movie. :vamp:

Seriously though, the fact that you paid good money and waited patiently for so long only to end up with something this bad makes a Kickstarter project like this seem like a scam job. The question will be whether they attempt to make things right or simply just skip off with all the money they took in for the project.

it's like watching the beginning of some sort of creepy horror movie.
:ROFLMAO:

Looking at the video clip the air vents at the top of the dash seem pretty sharp. Maybe just a matter of refocusing the lens if possible.

I notice that the Dride 4K was not only a Kickstarter project but also an Indiegogo campaign. I guess I'd never really thought about this before but I had somehow assumed you couldn't do both. The Kickstarter one took in $1,191,083 with an initial goal of $10,000. The Indiegogo campaign took in $1,522,292 to total $2,713, 375! Considering they started out looking for $10,000- $20,000 that's quite a haul! There's also a mention of a third campaign but it remains unidentified.

Yesterday i looked very closely to make sure there was no protective film on the lens, but the camera dident even have that from the factory, so the user manual could have been grinding on the lens

BTW i am sort of wanting to take it apart, CUZ i dont think firmware can do it, or any setting CUZ i dont think the Allwinner SOC come with a Softness +2 setting as default, if anything it is my feeling the sharpness are always too high on stock settings.

BTW i am sort of wanting to take it apart, CUZ i dont think firmware can do it, or any setting CUZ i dont think the Allwinner SOC come with a Softness +2 setting as default, if anything it is my feeling the sharpness are always too high on stock settings.

Send it back! The camera allegedly comes with a 1 year warranty.

dride.jpg

I am not sure there is a refund on kickstarters.
BUT ! i would NOT recommend dride to sell this as it is ATM. that would land them in all manner or problems.
In the US probably a class action lawsuit, in Denmark a slap on the wrint and and a " naughty - naughty, dont do that again "

I am not sure there is a refund on kickstarters.
BUT ! i would NOT recommend dride to sell this as it is ATM. that would land them in all manner or problems.
In the US probably a class action lawsuit, in Denmark a slap on the wrint and and a " naughty - naughty, dont do that again "

Warranty or not, I would certainly contact them and let them know how bad the camera is performing along with sending them footage. Maybe also tell what what you just said in your post too.

Okay maybe it is the camera, i have just tried to refocus the original lens, and have tried with 2 other lenses.
And while i can not do it visual due to the little preview picture in the APP then i have naver had this much problems finding the focus sweet spot, going by trial and error approach.

It is as if the sweet spot is ULTRA small, and then when i look at the footage on the PC, then i not really hit it at all.
The original dride 4K lens, never seen this short of a barrel on a dashcam lens.

IMG_20230901_194413.jpg

The lens assembly, and i think the source of the MIC issues, as you can see i have removed the radar module here, and right behind it the MIC.
Also the big speaker is connected to this " daughter" board.

IMG_20230901_181835.jpg

ATM i have the lens from the Zenfox T3 camera in the dride.
Ill share some footage with that soon, but expect ugly.

Attachments

• IMG_20230901_181835.jpg
    IMG_20230901_181835.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
O i think they have gotten plenty of " feedback " on their forum, and any other avenue of contact, some people ordered 4 of these systems back in the day.

Okay change of mind, i put on the original lens, light getting very low in little old Denmark, so not much i can do right now.
Tomorrow i go to the range to relax a little behind the peashooter rifle, will spend the night at my friends place so i can also pour a little lead downrange Sunday before i go home.

Tweaked the original lens a little.

The lens assembly, and i think the source of the MIC issues,
I would expect the ADC for the mic to be in the SoC, so the tiny analogue mic signal is traveling from the mic, behind the electrically noisy sensor, down the ribbon cable full of digital data, and across the main PCB to get to its analogue to digital converter? Would explain why it sounds as it does :ROFLMAO:

Tweaked the original lens a little.
If that had sharpening turned on in the firmware, and some lens corrections, then it wouldn't look too bad...

Yeah i cant figure out why they dident just put the MIC on the main PCB and then just had it sitting at either side as the camera have plenty of ventilation holes there

Also the radar antenna sit right on top of the MIC, now i am no electronics engineer, but that seem unwise.

Yeah i cant figure out why they dident just put the MIC on the main PCB and then just had it sitting at either side as the camera have plenty of ventilation holes there

I can't figure out how they wouldn't have been aware of any of these problems before shipping out the cameras!

No it is quite perplexing, they also demoed footage from earlier samples, and it looked nothing like this.

Back