Driver cutting me off then going on grass - Lehigh Acres, FL

Trying to get a head start on his 'after life'... :eek:

Gotta be a stolen car, who is going to drive their large sedan on the grassy shoulder like that. If it was a truck, I would understand.

i drove a miata (with a loaded trailer!) at speeds up to 40 mph (for very short stretches before it slowed down again) for several miles on the grassy shoulder during the evacuation for hurricane ike. i was far from alone. the massive amount of traffic trying to get out of houston was actually being amazingly civilized about transforming a section of highway 290 that had 2 normal lanes plus 2 paved shoulders into a smooth running SIX lane road. yes, people turned the paved shoulders into normal lanes of traffic, plus turned the grass on either side into additional lanes. and yet it was still so crowded that even on the paved lanes, people were only doing 30 mph.

i never did make it to austin. over the course of about 6 hours, i only covered about 20 miles. the real pisser is that it took me 35 minutes to get back home once i made it to an exit and turned around. i couldn't just turn around in the median due to thick mud i would have certainly got stuck in.

thankfully, ike turned out to be a very weak storm that didn't really warrant mass evacuation, but it still sucked.

Well if you leave such a big gap to the car in front over here, you will get overtaken by +90% of all cars that come up from behind, and it will allso happen if you are going 90 km/h in a 80 Zone.
Anyway +90% of cars behind you will overtake as soon as they think its okay here, its pretty rare to have a car stay behind you for a long time even if you are at the max speed allowed.

And so you have 2 choices here.

1. be a tailgater. :rolleyes:
2. Fall back every time you get overtaken, so you have a minimum of distance to the car in front of you, and then close the gap again when he overtake the car you was behind just before. :rolleyes:

1. be a tailgater. :rolleyes:
2. Fall back every time you get overtaken, so you have a minimum of distance to the car in front of you, and then close the gap again when he overtake the car you was behind just before. :rolleyes:
I normally do not think that fast :(

Worst part is, these dumbasses allways take some innocent with them in the fall.

Back