Driver robbed of pro camera equiptment. Drone & DSLR for real estate photos

Hehe no the prius are hardly what i would call a dope dealer car, here Audi / BMW / Mercedes ASO are the preferred of those, most often also leased cars.

When i see something like this, i instantly think " someone used and sold a little too much crack"

9c2b82de2a7d5f0bc5c7b263ba8f56f4.jpg

That shiny black Honda in the video with the dark tinted windows all around and the fancy tires and rims seems a lot more plausible than the Prius as a gangsta ride in San Francisco if you ask me. :cool:

My friend was often pulled over back in the day,,,,, and for good reasons, but in the end 2 cops stalked him and pulled him over 3-4-5 times a day, so he launched a complaint and was also sort of vindicated.
But then he changed to driving land rover cars, and then he was pretty much never pulled over, even if his first 2 cars was pretty beaten up cars and the first one even camo painted with paintbrushes.

In the 90ties when i got off at 4 in the morning i was also often pulled over getting to my home town, this i also complained over after a few years, and then i was also left alone for a very long time ( decades ) in regard to those unwarranted pull overs.
When it was worst ( i had 11 - 12 long work days a month back then ) i got pulled over about every #2 time i got into town, and often by the same cops, so got to be pretty annoying.

clearly another Iranian photography gang related incident :p

A terrorist plot to be sure! Now you've got me wondering what was REALLY in that bag! :eek:

And that guy in the Tesla looks too young to drive, much less own a car like that! What's up with him? Very suspicious!

in all seriousness though it's not a nice feeling when you have something stolen, more so when you're there when it happens, hopefully there is a silver lining to all this and their business gets a bit of free exposure (no pun intended) and they get more work out of it

in all seriousness though it's not a nice feeling when you have something stolen, more so when you're there when it happens, hopefully there is a silver lining to all this and their business gets a bit of free exposure (no pun intended) and they get more work out of it

Absolutely. No doubt it must have been a traumatic experience to have this happen to them. At least their business has gotten a lot of exposure because of the incident and hopefully it turns into increased business for them. I spent time out in Frisco years ago and almost moved out there. Had good friends out there, loved the place and found a welcoming community of creative business people but other commitments drew me back to the east coast. I hear the place in unaffordable now.

It could also be that they were observed loading valuable equipment into their vehicle after shooting a job.
Yes, that is possible. When I would loaded my vehicle, my video camera case and computer case were the last things load and the first things I would remove when unpacking. Suit cases and food loaded first, valuables loaded last. I had a neighbor 3 doors down leave a computer case full of documents (no computer), where someone threw a brick at the window and stole it. My employer had an employee had a theft were the employee opened the trunk of her car to get something and left the laptop. She returned later to find the trunk pried open. Apparently there were kids in the parking lot watching her unload stuff. Here where I live, I have to worry about thefts from parked vehicles and not smash and grabs when stopped a red light.

However problems that we don't have Toronto, eventually we come here anyway. Its only been recently that videos of Patios Pirates have materialized here. Even then, I would have Amazon deliveries go to pickup location close to home as opposed having the packages wait a few hours at my front door.

Seeing this video in SF, and a drive by shooting video in Houston, reminds me of a defensive driving lesson to leave plenty of room between you and the car in front.
The logic, when I was trained in the 80's to drive, is that you may need to move up a few feet if you see the car behind you is having trouble stopping when you are stopped. This lesson resonated with myself as my mother was hit a red light only a few years before I started driving.

In the houston video, someone on reddit pointed out if you see vehicles behind you shooting, you want to get out of there fast, perhaps going over the shoulder. You can't if you are hemmed in. If your vehicle is only a few inches from the bumper of the vehicle in front, one can't driver forward and turn the wheels and get out of there.

Also, I usually check my rear and side mirrors frequently. One time in which I didn't because I was talking to my wife a red light, looking at her much of the time. I over looked the fact the driver behind me was distracted and when I made a false start of 3 feet on a red light for adjacent traffics red light, the car behind me slammed into. The rear camera caught that. I usually get worried when having a distracted driver behind me and make adjustments like moving to another lane if I have too.

If I see someone get out of car running towards it, I am going to try to get out of there if possible.

Having seen all this in the SF and Houston, leave lots of room and check your mirrors. Oh yes, we do have gun violence from driving cars here in Toronto.

I just saw another shooting in a compilation, but this was parking mode footage, but i cant find the compilation just now.
But you can see a guy dodge behind cars towards the buildings and half assed return fire, and then some guy run right past the camera car.

I agree you should always strive to have a out in whatever situations in life you find yourself in,,,,,,, but it is hard.
But a out in traffic, is actually a good thing, not least if a EMG vehicle come along.

Yes, that is possible. When I would loaded my vehicle, my video camera case and computer case were the last things load and the first things I would remove when unpacking. Suit cases and food loaded first, valuables loaded last. I had a neighbor 3 doors down leave a computer case full of documents (no computer), where someone threw a brick at the window and stole it. My employer had an employee had a theft were the employee opened the trunk of her car to get something and left the laptop. She returned later to find the trunk pried open. Apparently there were kids in the parking lot watching her unload stuff. Here where I live, I have to worry about thefts from parked vehicles and not smash and grabs when stopped a red light.

However problems that we don't have Toronto, eventually we come here anyway. Its only been recently that videos of Patios Pirates have materialized here. Even then, I would have Amazon deliveries go to pickup location close to home as opposed having the packages wait a few hours at my front door.

Seeing this video in SF, and a drive by shooting video in Houston, reminds me of a defensive driving lesson to leave plenty of room between you and the car in front.
The logic, when I was trained in the 80's to drive, is that you may need to move up a few feet if you see the car behind you is having trouble stopping when you are stopped. This lesson resonated with myself as my mother was hit a red light only a few years before I started driving.

In the houston video, someone on reddit pointed out if you see vehicles behind you shooting, you want to get out of there fast, perhaps going over the shoulder. You can't if you are hemmed in. If your vehicle is only a few inches from the bumper of the vehicle in front, one can't driver forward and turn the wheels and get out of there.

Also, I usually check my rear and side mirrors frequently. One time in which I didn't because I was talking to my wife a red light, looking at her much of the time. I over looked the fact the driver behind me was distracted and when I made a false start of 3 feet on a red light for adjacent traffics red light, the car behind me slammed into. The rear camera caught that. I usually get worried when having a distracted driver behind me and make adjustments like moving to another lane if I have too.

If I see someone get out of car running towards it, I am going to try to get out of there if possible.

Having seen all this in the SF and Houston, leave lots of room and check your mirrors. Oh yes, we do have gun violence from driving cars here in Toronto.

Thankfully, here in Vermont we don't have drive by shootings and the last running gun battle was about 25 years ago. Still, times have changed quite a bit and safety and security at home or out on the road is a concern in a way that we never rally had before. We also have a lot more aggressive urban out of state cars visiting Vermont than we ever had previously and their habits and behaviors are very different than most Vermont drivers. They tend to be far more aggressive, inconsiderate and sometime dangerous. Vermont has also become a conduit for drug trafficing from out of state in the south and also from Canada with whom we share a northern border along with a major interstate highway that runs the entire length of the state. We have a lot more local crime than we ever had previously, partly due to the opioid epidemic and we also seem to have people coming in from out of state to commit crimes such as burglary and then scoot back over the border. Years ago I lived in a house that had no locks on the doors and you could leave money or valuables on your kitchen table and know they would be there when you get home. Now I keep the doors locked and have a surveillance system.

It isn't always easy to create enough distance between cars when you are stuck in traffic but I always try. I especially do that when I'm moving though.

Last edited:
If i had my dream car, i would move closer, at least until i see someone with a RPG.
But small and medium arms fire should be no problem for my dream car :)

Back