Drunk?,... Drugs?,.... Distracted?,.... or Blind?

Failed brakes i would say, at least their light came on long before the impact.

But it do look like the tax income from all that legally sold weed would be put to good use fixing the roads.

Hint: At 0:45 in the video check out his windshield. He was driving totally blind. You can't see it in the video but his wipers were going full speed trying to clear the frost from the glass that he was either too lazy or in too much of a hurry to remove before leaving home. He was weaving all over the road after pulling out of the residential street because he couldn't see.

Oooo self imposed blind driving, i see that a lot here too this time of the year :rolleyes:
It are of course illegal here and over there too i assume.
But all windows must be clear, i was once scolded by some cops becuz i didet clean the snow off the rear window on my 3 door hatchback Opel, seem strange to me cuz that window you are allowed to put totally black tint on just like on the rear side windows.

That's seriously illegal here too. If the cops show up to the scene of the accident and find his windshield like that he'd be subject to a huge fine and points on his license for that alone, never mind the accident.

Last week I saw many people who hadn't made any attempt to clear their back windows at all, even late in the day. The problem is, they are people who probably rely on their interior rear view mirror for 90% of their checks, and without practice that's a very hard habit to break.

I heard on the radio you can get points on your licence for not clearing snow off the roof so I was even doing that. (Well, for one day, then the thaw set in, lol.)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

If you notice he was already drifting toward the shoulder before the impact. Maybe the sun? Glare, dirty windshield? Cellphone, messing with something in the car? The obvious answer is...'It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand'.

:)

Coffee cup.
I once had a ceramic coffee cup find it's way under the brake pedal and no amount of foot pressure would break it. One of my life's more interesting and crazy moments :p

Lots of idiots here drive with fogged-up or iced-up windows looking through a cleared space so small they can only see directly ahead :(

Phil

Coffee cup.
I once had a ceramic coffee cup find it's way under the brake pedal and no amount of foot pressure would break it.

Should have pulled out yer six shooter and shot the cup.

Drugged or drunk would be my call ... cause he had no idea how dangerous it was to keep casually walking around the left side of that Car on the centre lines with oncoming traffic.
He could have easily been collected and didn't seem to be aware of it.

Definitely saw the ice-covered front window when you pulled up behind him. Nothing like driving into the sun with an obscured view. :rolleyes:

I like the way he tried to wipe the screen clear after the accident. Better late than never, eh? Or maybe not.

Follow up information.

I spoke to the LEO who did the accident investigation to let him know I had video of the incident and he said the kid driving the Jeep admitted fault including the fact that he had not cleared his windows. Guess there are a few honorable people left in the world.

Last week I saw many people who hadn't made any attempt to clear their back windows at all, even late in the day. The problem is, they are people who probably rely on their interior rear view mirror for 90% of their checks, and without practice that's a very hard habit to break.

I heard on the radio you can get points on your licence for not clearing snow off the roof so I was even doing that. (Well, for one day, then the thaw set in, lol.)

It is indeed illegal to not clear snow from your roof. Here's why:

Back