Dual A119 v3 or A129 4k Duo?

SundayDriverCatcher

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm aiming for a good dual camera setup. 1080p with the A129 Duo doesn't seem sufficient to get license plates.

How about running two A119v3 units, one in back and one in front?

I understand that I'll need more memory cards, but it might be worth it considering the issues that the A129 4k Duo seems to have. What do you guys think? Thanks!

I would go for the A129 Pro 4K, but if you want to use it for parking mode regularly then it is a questionable choice.

The new 2K A129+ Duo should solve the problem of parking mode: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/forums/a129-plus-a129-plus-duo.336/
Don't think it is quite available yet though, shouldn't be long.

Two A119 V3 certainly works, disadvantages are having two memory cards with video files that are not properly synchronized on time, and the two cameras will need two hardwire kits and use more power in parking mode than a single dual camera, I think the A129+ will be much better for parking mode battery life. Also you have two lock buttons, one of which can't be reached, and there is no Bluetooth lock button or wifi.

Reactions: Mtz
For me reliability is paramount and of these two only the A119V3 has that. Still too many problems with the A129 series when you go beyond the plain "DUO" version and are only wanting driving protection. Viofo has been slow to address many widespread and well-known issues so I wouldn't count on anything before I saw lots of members here say it's OK without bugs or issues.

Phil

I have two A119v3 and they work great. So far. It's only been a couple months or so.
With a 256g sd card, you don't have to rush and push the save button in the back.
Per the Viofo's power consumption chart, which may or may not be hard to understand, two A119v3 do better than the A129duo:

yLS8f58IDNOujzJ_6crwNqER64sIHk86kA.png

For me reliability is paramount and of these two only the A119V3 has that. Still too many problems with the A129 series when you go beyond the plain "DUO" version and are only wanting driving protection.
The A129+ is much different from A129 is more like A119 V3 because it is sharing same chipset and same firmware team. Viofo A129+ will be even better than V3 because it can be Duo, have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth remote as optional.

enjoy,
Mtz

Thanks for all the input everyone. I decided on two A119v3 per car. We need them now because we've got an insane neighbor who has threatened us. We're installing home security cameras and dash cams. We already called the cops, but he's done is anonymously through the post, so we have no proof and they don't check for fingerprints on these sorts of things.

I was surprised to hear how I'll end up using less juice with two 119v3 compared to the 129pro. I guess it all comes down to pixels.

You could maybe make do with just one of the cameras being on for parking guard, depend on your parking situation.
CCTV cameras sound like a good idea with a insane neighbor.

@SundayDriverCatcher Here in the US any threats delivered by mail is a Federal crime, and while the USPS is too lazy to investigate, a lawyer with good connections can pressure the Cops to do more including fingerprint work. If the Cops can get enough evidence for an arrest and prosecution then the USPS will follow with an investigation and invoke Federal charges on top of what the local laws do. Federal sentences have no probation, parole, or early release :oops: Uncle Sam don't play that game any more ;)

One landlord I've worked for had to do that to catch a ex-tenant who kept vandalizing his property; cost him about $250 he told me but the Cops came out, got prints, and that put the guy away as he wasn't supposed to be on the property (y) Normally here Cops don't even come out for simple break-ins anymore- they give you a case number on the phone for you to turn into your insurance company and that's it. Even with pics or vids. Only if you can tell them who the cams saw do they bother to lift a finger for you; they won't even look to see if it's a creep they know :mad:

Sad that you have to do the work you've already paid for the Government to do but that's how it is these days here in the US :cry: If you don't have a good lawyer now get one; they won't be cheap, only worth it :cool: If they tell you they can't do anything for you they're not a good lawyer :cautious:

Phil

It is extremely discouraging when police "work" like that, i simply do not know how they can let that happen as to me with the way Danish society are build up, the police doing their work are a major pillar of society.
It is also the same in the US, though there you do have the option to camp out on the front porch and fill the guys ass with lead if he is too much of a smart ass, in Denmark that is so not a option as Danes seem to prefer if someone else do that for them.

Some people calling the cops here with no response, in the end have resorted to lying to the cops to get a reaction, like saying " i think someone carried a knife" in which case all cops within miles will be there ASAP.
But that have always backfired badly on the caller.
So ! i can only hope those people are voting for parties that will do something about that, or form new parties that will, CUZ the established parties, well its their fault we are where we are now.

Back