Dual Cam setup date?

azchrisf

Reaction score
Country
United States
I know a dual-type Camera setup was in the works, but I'm wondering when we can expect a release?
The reason I ask is because I'm on the wall whether to buy a Mobius for a rear camera, or wait until SG comes out with a dual setup.

Looks like Rexing just came out with a new dual setup for their V1 too...

Development and progress is being made, very impressive specs. (I've seen a photo too). @jokiin will share the details and first wave beta test plans when the timing is right.

That new Rexing one only has a 640x480 VGA low resolution sensor
(Nothing exciting)

So maybe it would be a good idea to wait for the SG product instead of buying a Mobius now - assuming it won't be a long wait?

The Mobius is cheap and still useful for other things afterward, our dual cam product will probably start beta testing in a month or so, how long after that until it's available really depends on the testing results, we are looking at full retail versions selling within this year though, dual 1080p is a bit more involved that adding a VGA camera onto an existing solution, everything is new on what we're doing

Might have to break out the old G1W if I get my new car early. :(

Might have to break out the old G1W if I get my new car early. :(
Nothing wrong with a G1W dash cam. There are many of these in cars being used around the world. More expensive does not always equal quality. Look at other brands.

One thing I would ask is that you make the rear camera on a pivot, like this

2253663_sa.jpg;canvasHeight=550;canvasWidth=642

Some of us have weird rear decks (like my Crown Vic) that makes placement hard.

I think the cameras for the upcomming dual and single cameras on wire will be much like the camera for the SGZC12RC, and i do think thats ajustable up and down.

One thing I would ask is that you make the rear camera on a pivot, like this

2253663_sa.jpg;canvasHeight=550;canvasWidth=642

Some of us have weird rear decks (like my Crown Vic) that makes placement hard.

it won't be, however we are doing another model which will have this style of camera for external use and they will be interchangeable so later this will be an option as a rear cam

Could be OK but for me with standard wheels in the back. Problem is, my car is permanent 4x4 :rolleyes:

Back