Dual dashcam supporting external cameras

damonkolberg

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hello, I'm Damon, a new member from Brazil right here.
I'm searching for Dual dashcams (front and rear) that can support also external cameras.
Do you guys have any recommendation? Looking for chinese/taiwanese suppliers.

Welcome to the forum :)

Viofo have an external camera for the A229 Pro and Plus:

If you plug this in, then you can't use the normal 2K rear camera, but you can still use the FHD interior camera, and you can mount the interior camera at the rear for use as a rear camera if you wish, there is a special 6 meter cable available for doing so.

Thank you Nigel!
So if I want to use a dual dashcam, recording the driver and the road, and then add this RWC200 outside it will work?

Yes, the A229 Pro and Plus normally come with 3 channels, Front, Rear, and Interior, or 2 channels, or 1 channel. This waterproof camera replaces the standard Rear camera, so you still have the interior camera to record the driver.

Not sure how you buy the three sensibly, there doesn't seem to be a Front+Interior+Waterproof option currently, so best to contact @VIOFO-Support, they can probably give you the package you want.

Thank you Nigel, just sent a message to @VIOFO-Support
If you don't want standard length cables, ask them for the lengths you do want, they have a selection ;)
Maybe include a memory card in the package as well.

Last edited:
...So if I want to use a dual dashcam, recording the driver and the road...
If all you want to do is record the road and driver than a unit with the cabin camera integrated might suit your needs better than a camera with an external lens. Something like these from Vantrue (not recommending them, just showing as an example.)

Hello guys, back here.
I was in touch with VIOFO, but unfortunately they don't have fatigue sensor feature included.
I'm searching for a device able to recognize and alert when the driver are on the cellphone, sleeping, yawning
Do you have any recommendation?

I was in touch with VIOFO, but unfortunately they don't have fatigue sensor feature included.
I don't think any dashcams provide that, it needs a dedicated narrow angle infra red camera to watch the driver's face, capable of seeing when the eyes are closed etc., not a dashcam cabin camera that records the whole cabin, there is no need for it to record.

So I think you would need a dedicated device. There do seem to be quite a lot on sale, but I've no idea how good they are. I would recommend using a car that has one integrated by the car manufacturer, preferably one capable of cutting engine power and applying the brakes if necessary, rather than relying on a small beep sound from an aftermarket camera to wake up a driver who has fallen asleep,.

I don't think any dashcams provide that, it needs a dedicated narrow angle infra red camera to watch the driver's face, capable of seeing when the eyes are closed etc., not a dashcam cabin camera that records the whole cabin, there is no need for it to record.
That's not true. In May 2022, I reviewed a BlackVue DMS (Driver Monitoring System) dash camera based on the DR900X dash camera with a DMC200 driver monitoring camera. It looks like their current offering is based on the DR770X dash camera. BlackVue DMS Dashcams

I had the DMC200 camera mounted on the top of the cover over my car's instrument panel (one of the recommended locations). The DMC200 camera had problems seeing the state of my eye's (opened/closed) at night due to the angle the IR LEDs would project IR light resulting in the IR light to reflect off of my eyeglass lenses. My eyes were basically hidden from the DMC200's camera at night. If I did not wear eyeglasses, it would detect the state of my eyes correctly.

The second installation location for the DMC200 was at the top of the windshield glass in front of the driver. That was not a viable location in my vehicle since that would block my line of sight too much. A commercial vehicle with a taller windshield might result in the windshield installation location for the DMC200 being viable in that situation.

Back