Dual remote version?

Remote cameras are very much my favorite setup, i have had 2 of those systems, first the K2S system, which was the ideal side camera system due to the very small camera units on it.
Second was the SG9663DR system, also very nice but cameras was larger, though still small VS a regular front unit at least.

To me a whole host of benefits to going this route VS a conventional designed system.

i wish i knew what was coming up.

Miss Rick. Everything seems to be very quiet since his umtimely demise

Miss Rick. Everything seems to be very quiet since his umtimely demise
exactly, i used to have almost daily communication with him testing these new dashcams before release, now nothing.
makes me wonder if streetguardian is still in business doing dashcams or not. its to the point i cannot recommend them any more.

Well i can recommend then fine until i see or hear they start to make garbage, but i dont think they will.
Still miss Rick immensely, actually on my way home yesterday after again having been reminded of my mothers fragility with 1 leg in the grave i thought of Rick.

I am absolutely no good in dealing with things forced on me.
I am sort of okay dealing with things that cant be any other way.
I do feel good when things go my way, or i can at least maneuver myself into a place where i can be happy in regard to events.

I wouldn't hold my breath on updates or new products.
Unfortunately it's increasingly hard to support SG since Ricks passing and staff that worked with him leaving.

Still good products but the price rises have made them a very hard sell and the mentality of "Our product is as good as Blackvues so we should charge the same" just doesn't work.

Edit: I speak only of Street Guardian Australia, None of this should be taken as a reflection on Jon at SG USA

Last edited:
The quietness are unsettling for me, but i assume it is a general part of me not like sudden changes, and SG have changed a lot when it come to communication.
Clearly no one had any intentions of picking up where Rick left, or even just attempt something like that

The quietness are unsettling for me, but i assume it is a general part of me not like sudden changes, and SG have changed a lot when it come to communication.
Clearly no one had any intentions of picking up where Rick left, or even just attempt something like that
agreed, im sitting back quietly(not my choice) watching this space.

The quietness are unsettling for me, ...and SG have changed a lot when it come to communication.
Totally agree. The loud silence from SG the last few months, compared to what used to be, is a bit unnerving but somewhat understandable given the passion Rick had for what he was doing. Makes one wonder where the company is headed. :unsure:

Makes one wonder where the company is headed. :unsure:
still waiting for an answer to this myself, if they are even out there still as never hear from anyone.

It would be somewhat reassuring if there was any sign of activity. Even a FW update for an existing cam.

Had a look on the WWW but came up blank. It's like the Mari Celeste out there.

Even getting stock is a struggle. SG Aus have no DC2K's or X2Pros available for order currently.

I'm in the market for a new camera. I've had one Street Guardian for the last two years, and another in a different vehicle for at least double that (maybe a lot longer, my memory fails me). They seemed like the obvious choice, but I was a bit put off by the lack of recommendations for them on recent forum posts, reddit, etc. Plus the lack of new information, stuff about upcoming cameras, and so forth on their website and social media.

I had to do a deep dive googling and clicking through the forum here to find the post about Rick and the related commentary. Very sad to hear. I really wanted to just buy another camera from them without thinking about it, because I really trust my current two in the wild Ohio weather swings. But I like to keep most things as long as I can, repair them when I can, and take advantage of a good warranty when I can. I fear I may not be able to if needed, the way things look now.

Unfortunately, I think I feel better about trying out a similar Viofo setup for now. It will be my first dual channel setup. I will need to install two more dashcam setups in two more family vehicles not too far off from now, so I will watch to see if anything changes, but I don't feel like I should hold my breath. If Street Guardian starts to make a genuine resurgence, however, I will return to their cameras.

Very sad to see this happen. It's a shame that no one could pick up where Rick left off.

This is my first post on the forum, so I also just wanted to say thanks to all of you guys for your knowledgeable posts that have helped me make my purchases by lurking over the years!

Welcome to the forum Person123ABC.

I think SG are still out there, but now we do not have a stream of information and knowledge.

Personally i am a huge fan of the remote cameras design, but not many make them, and for sure it do not seem to be a place with development.
There are also a few dual motorcycle cameras, that i suppose could also be used in a car, i am also somewhat looking at those to replace my side camera system that have not died.

Are there plans for a DR version of the SG9667?
The remote dashcams are just not selling good. Even some people from here like them, the sales of such product no matter if is made by SG or other company, are low. I consider is not a good strategy for SG to create a new remote dashcam setup. They should go to new and bigger sensors, the Starvis 2 generation. Even when Rick was leading the company SG was always a little late with new technology because Rick always wanted stable products.

I'm in the market for a new camera. I've had one Street Guardian for the last two years, and another in a different vehicle for at least double that (maybe a lot longer, my memory fails me). They seemed like the obvious choice, but I was a bit put off by the lack of recommendations for them on recent forum posts, reddit, etc. Plus the lack of new information, stuff about upcoming cameras, and so forth on their website and social media.

I had to do a deep dive googling and clicking through the forum here to find the post about Rick and the related commentary. Very sad to hear. I really wanted to just buy another camera from them without thinking about it, because I really trust my current two in the wild Ohio weather swings. But I like to keep most things as long as I can, repair them when I can, and take advantage of a good warranty when I can. I fear I may not be able to if needed, the way things look now.

Unfortunately, I think I feel better about trying out a similar Viofo setup for now. It will be my first dual channel setup. I will need to install two more dashcam setups in two more family vehicles not too far off from now, so I will watch to see if anything changes, but I don't feel like I should hold my breath. If Street Guardian starts to make a genuine resurgence, however, I will return to their cameras.

Very sad to see this happen. It's a shame that no one could pick up where Rick left off.

This is my first post on the forum, so I also just wanted to say thanks to all of you guys for your knowledgeable posts that have helped me make my purchases by lurking over the years!
it is sad, i have been with Rick and SG pretty much right from the beginning and testing dashcams for him, i have tonnes of dashcams in the shed i have tested over the years, since he left us, seems like the place is dead. i am too heading off to Viofo after a lot of research into different cams as i feel like i am not wanted here any more with SG.

Back