Dual USB charger too short

jcs

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I've tried in it other cars just fine, but it is too short to make a connection for a 2014 Mazda3 centre console accessory port. This is probably not a problem for most people but consider bundling something longer.

P.S. I don't need a replacement; this car has an always on feature for the accessory port. It has a couple of USB ports that only power with the car but I needed a power-only cable in between as a direct connection would put it into computer mode.

It has a couple of USB ports that only power with the car but I needed a power-only cable in between as a direct connection would put it into computer mode.

if the USB ports are factory fitted they're unlikely to give enough output to correctly run the camera, better not to use those

Last edited:
The original cable is 4M long, sorry to hear it is still not long enough for your use.
If you use other cable, make sure choose high quality version, other cables may not give enough output, may not shield.

I meant the charger (D1000), not the cable. It does not fit the receptacle. It is too small/short.

same problem with a renault clio 1, the USB charger is slightly too short, I had to push it with extreme force in the cigarette lighter in order to have electric connection

Last edited:
Same thing with vico power plus, the usb adaptor cant make contact.
The original cable is 4M long, sorry to hear it is still not long enough for your use.
If you use other cable, make sure choose high quality version, other cables may not give enough output, may not shield.
I measured month ago, 3.5M long.
Its already installed, can't recheck it
Some one can confirm that the lengh is 4M?

mine is 3.56m long

mine is 3.56m
Thanx.

I think viofo shuld consider to supply longer cable.
At least 4M.
Because 3.5 isnt enoth to instal the dvr at rear windshild on a sedan design car.

The a118c have 4M cable.

I like the idea of the dual usb port, it can be great solution to instal two A119 at one socket.

P.s
I dident try to instal the A119 on the rear windshild, member from other forum complain about it.

Last edited:
I dident try to instal the A119 on the rear windshild, member from other forum complain about it.
I do have tinted rear window and that tint does affect the video quality especially after the sunset, and my rear window also heated. I might have a problem with that at a temperature below 0F, or I might not, because I mounted the camera onto a GPS unit, witch mounted not on a rear window itself, but onto a back door frame above the window.

The usb cable was long enoth for the installation?

The usb cable was long enoth for the installation?
it depends on how long your car is and at witch point in the car you want your cables ends to meet. I used the supplied cable for the front window mount, and for the rear window I used a 15ft cable I purchased on Amazon separately.

Hi guys,

Like OP I have a Mazda 3 but a 2015, and i use a Tronsmart 12v quick charger for my phone, which barely fits in my 12v port, but it works. It is smaller and thinner than the Viofo supplied charger, the Viofo one has a big rear end which doesn't fit.

Comparison pic here:

Last edited:
Another person here with a Mazda 3 2015 where the charger (not cable) wasn't long enough to make contact with the contact at the bottom of the socket. I would have to file / grind away some of the plastic sides for it to work properly. Viofo should report this to their suppliers to try to fix this in the future.

Yes,other buyers report it also!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V A119 13
cam_guy A119 4
Sergii A119 40
Back