DUI doesnt see Mobius

Igor

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
Gentlemen,

what can be the issue, Mobius refused to start recording after a few month and GUI cant see the cam. Using in car only, in auto rec mode when power connected. While connected to PC green light is on and yellow after charging complete. Tried different SD cards, also formatted using Mobius and reset the cam. Not sure about current FW for the moment, GUI says 1.13 v available. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Gentlemen,

what can be the issue, Mobius refused to start recording after a few month and GUI cant see the cam. Using in car only, in auto rec mode when power connected. While connected to PC green light is on and yellow after charging complete. Tried different SD cards, also formatted using Mobius and reset the cam. Not sure about current FW for the moment, GUI says 1.13 v available. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
You say you formatted the card using the Mobius. That implies the camera is recognized by the PC as an external drive. If that is the case and the GUI doesn't see the camera then you most likely have another program running which grabs the USB communication before the data reaches the GUI. Two people had this problem, but I've completely forgotten which program was hogging the data.
Does the Mobius record when connected to external power? What LEDs are shown and which LEDs are shown when you turn on the camera?
What happens if you try and re-install the firmware manually? Does that work - i.e. is the LED sequence correct?

Im having a problem with the android app. After updating it on the app store I was tring to connect it to my phone but it not working. It won open. The phone is showing as a usb device being connect. And then the app would normally open but it not doing that.

Note 3

You say you formatted the card using the Mobius. That implies the camera is recognized by the PC as an external drive. If that is the case and the GUI doesn't see the camera then you most likely have another program running which grabs the USB communication before the data reaches the GUI. Two people had this problem, but I've completely forgotten which program was hogging the data.
Does the Mobius record when connected to external power? What LEDs are shown and which LEDs are shown when you turn on the camera?
What happens if you try and re-install the firmware manually? Does that work - i.e. is the LED sequence correct?

Isoprop, i pressed and hold mode button until leds flashes according to instruction. however, cant see the cam connecting to PC, same when connecting to mobile (galaxy 3). tried two PC home and at work, same thing, i think it's not recognized. so, i didn't re-install the firmware manually as the card is not recognized at all:
"Method 1 without pressing any buttons:
• Turn off the camera.
• Connect the camera to the computer and wait until the card is recognized as a
Removable Drive." :(

Previously, when started engine, red led started to flash and it was recording and now when connecting to any source (car socket, PC, phone) yellow led is on, and start to flashing (yellow) if record button is pressed. will tell you if it's record when check in the morning (don't have card reader at home :( ).

Hi,
checked SD, cam didn't record anything. formatted SD with SDFormatter - no changes. once again, connecting to PC, blue flashes once and then yellow is on. pressing shutter button makes yellow led flashing and then only power-on button can make it stop (holding for few seconds red led flashes 3 times) - all leds off.
And still no external drives on PC when connected :(

I suggest that you connect Mobius to PC while PC is totally OFF, not when on or in sleep or hibernate states. Then power up PC. This usually resolves USB connectivity issues. Worth a try anyway.

I suggest that you connect Mobius to PC while PC is totally OFF, not when on or in sleep or hibernate states. Then power up PC. This usually resolves USB connectivity issues. Worth a try anyway.

Russ331, thanks for suggestions, but didn't help :(

Hi,
checked SD, cam didn't record anything. formatted SD with SDFormatter - no changes. once again, connecting to PC, blue flashes once and then yellow is on. pressing shutter button makes yellow led flashing and then only power-on button can make it stop (holding for few seconds red led flashes 3 times) - all leds off.
And still no external drives on PC when connected :(
  1. Using your card reader, format your card and then copy the firmware bin file to the empty card.
  2. Make sure your camera is turned off.
  3. Put the freshly formatted card with the firmware bin file into the camera. Don't press any buttons.
  4. Connect the camera to your PC - DO NOT press any buttons.
  5. Wait AT LEAST 40 seconds and watch the LEDs.
How did the camera react? What LEDs were on and when?

1. Using your card reader, format your card and then copy the firmware bin file to the empty card.
  2. Make sure your camera is turned off.
  3. Put the freshly formatted card with the firmware bin file into the camera. Don't press any buttons.
  4. Connect the camera to your PC - DO NOT press any buttons.
  5. Wait AT LEAST 40 seconds and watch the LEDs.
How did the camera react? What LEDs were on and when?

All done, then blue slowly flashed, then faster, then very fast, all leds off yellow on after ~20 sec green on and all leds off after ~1 min. GUI and PC still do not recognize it..

All done, then blue slowly flashed, then faster, then very fast, all leds off yellow on after ~20 sec green on and all leds off after ~1 min. GUI and PC still do not recognize it..
You have just updated the firmware successfully! This proves that the firmware and camera are intact and working correctly.
There must be a problem with either your USB cable or the USB hub/pc or your battery is bad. OR, if the camera doesn't record with external power the lens module cable could be dislodged or even broken :(
There is a very, very remote chance that the USB circuitry in the camera is not working, but I have never heard of a USB hardware failure in the Mobius so far.

You have just updated the firmware successfully! This proves that the firmware and camera are intact and working correctly.
There must be a problem with either your USB cable or the USB hub/pc or your battery is bad. OR, if the camera doesn't record with external power the lens module cable could be dislodged or even broken :(
There is a very, very remote chance that the USB circuitry in the camera is not working, but I have never heard of a USB hardware failure in the Mobius so far.

Then first will try totally new cable with a colleague's PC.
so in a worst case scenario i will have to change CMOS module or battery, right?

Then first will try totally new cable with a colleague's PC.
so in a worst case scenario i will have to change CMOS module or battery, right?
Probably!
What bothers me a bit is that you have two problems. You can't record and your PC doesn't recognize the camera. That sounds like a lens module/ribbon cable problem. I would definitely try reseating the ribbon cable, but be very careful and don't use a metal instrument. A wooden toothpick is a good tool for this, and don't forget to remove the battery first!
You can also remove the battery and see if the camera can record without it when connected to external power (not a PC).

Probably!
What bothers me a bit is that you have two problems. You can't record and your PC doesn't recognize the camera. That sounds like a lens module/ribbon cable problem. I would definitely try reseating the ribbon cable, but be very careful and don't use a metal instrument. A wooden toothpick is a good tool for this, and don't forget to remove the battery first!
You can also remove the battery and see if the camera can record without it when connected to external power (not a PC).

Isoprop, thanks for the support, will try and revert.

Probably!

Isoprop, reseating CMOS cable solve the problem! Cam up to date, works perfectly. Thank you very much for your support!

Isoprop, reseating CMOS cable solve the problem! Cam up to date, works perfectly. Thank you very much for your support!

Great news. Can't help wondering how it became unseated while mounted as a dashcam? Factory assembly error than took months to manifest itself?

Great news. Can't help wondering how it became unseated while mounted as a dashcam? Factory assembly error than took months to manifest itself?

Don't really think it's factory error. More likely, vibrations and hard enough pressure on the body of cam when putting in/out the mounting cradle, as cradle is pretty tight. Or could it be cable contact minor oxidizing, as cam is constantly in different temperature conditions from little minus to +25 degrees within few minutes, so putting out and in the cable made better contact.. O_o

Gentlemen, i think i messed up with my clumsy hands. My cam lost focus recording smthng in i long distance, however its focused on smthng very close. Probably i messed up unscrewing CMOS. Is it possible to adjust the focus, or its only new CMOS is the decision?
p.s. God, i am so embarrassed.. :mad:

Attachments

• no focus.jpg
    no focus.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 11
  • Untitled focus.jpg
    Untitled focus.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 10
just adjust the focus, they have provision for this already if I remember correctly, there's a grub screw or similar so you can set the focus rather than the lens being glued into position as is normally done

Gentlemen, i think i messed up with my clumsy hands. My cam lost focus recording smthng in i long distance, however its focused on smthng very close. Probably i messed up unscrewing CMOS. Is it possible to adjust the focus, or its only new CMOS is the decision?
p.s. God, i am so embarrassed.. :mad:
Focusing should be easy. Here are the instructions
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=25170910&postcount=4
Just be careful touching that ribbon cable, I keep hearing how delicate it is

Back