DUI doesnt see Mobius

You have just updated the firmware successfully! This proves that the firmware and camera are intact and working correctly.
There must be a problem with either your USB cable or the USB hub/pc or your battery is bad. OR, if the camera doesn't record with external power the lens module cable could be dislodged or even broken :(
There is a very, very remote chance that the USB circuitry in the camera is not working, but I have never heard of a USB hardware failure in the Mobius so far.

Hi isoprop, may be you could help?

I break my lens on a bad landing, i plan to change it, but i can no more connect the mobius to the PC... the cam work, i can record, i've just update the FW as you explained here but PC still not recognise my mobius... i've just received the new lens (without ribbon) but not change it for the moment. do you have an idea??
PC do not recognise also the card in the mobius as an usb card...
An other thing, my batterie is dead, but that was not a pb because a used the mobius for FPV with electrical feed from the immersion RC video transmitter.

The PC does not charge anymor the batterie (no green led).

Thanks for help.

Last edited:
Hi isoprop, may be you could help?

I break my lens on a bad landing, i plan to change it, but i can no more connect the mobius to the PC... the cam work, i can record, i've just update the FW as you explained here but PC still not recognise my mobius... i've just received the new lens (without ribbon) but not change it for the moment. do you have an idea??
PC do not recognise also the card in the mobius as an usb card...
An other thing, my batterie is dead, but that was not a pb because a used the mobius for FPV with electrical feed from the immersion RC video transmitter.

The PC does not charge anymor the batterie (no green led).

Thanks for help.

If the battery is dead then it's possible the Mobius won't be recognized by your PC. Remove the battery.
If you were using external USB power when you had your bad landing then it's possible that the jolt broke one or more solder joints holding the USB socket to the board. However, the most common problem if you camera is not recognized by your PC is a bad USB cable. You should definitely try a few different cables. The thicker and shorter the better.
Another, remote, possibility is that the video TX shorted during your bad landing and damaged the USB switch IC in the camera. You will need very good experience in SMD soldering to replace the USB switch. Since the IC contacts are on the underside of the chip you'll need a hot air soldering station in order to remove/replace the chip. You can't tackle a job like this with a normal soldering iron.

I'm not a happy camper right now. Neither my XP-based PC or my Win8.1 laptop want to play along with the Mobius GUI because the machines do not recognize the Mobuis. I've tried every possible combination of power-on settings (both computer and Mobius) including plugging in before and after boot-up. The Mobius and supplied cabling are new (I also tried a known working cable just in case) and the battery is charged fully. The light flash sequences are normal as if all is well. I filmed a short clip with the cam unplugged and in viewing all seemed well so I think the cam and the 2 cards are OK (cards tested OK and formatted in the cam itself manually) They are both class 10 cards (Samsung and Transcend) and work fine in my G1Wc but I've heard the Mobius may not 'play well' with class 10 cards but ATM I don't have any Class 4 like Tom Frank recommends to try.

So at this point it seems like the issue may be with my computers. I tried all USB ports with all other USB devices unplugged in combo with the power on configs already mentioned. I haven't tried to flash the firmware to the card but with a brand new unit that shouldn't be an issue (remember it filmed a clip correctly). I even deleted and reinstalled the GUI freeware but all to no avail- both comps will not recognize the Mobuis so I can't configure it as I want nor do I even know how it's configured now.

Darn nice cam but without being able to use the GUI and afraid to go into the systext and change things I have hit a dead end. Any helpful ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Phil
(Added 6/18 : Not sure why but this time it worked in "Removable Drive" mode so I got the settings I wanted- next to mount it!)

Last edited:
Back