Dv688 video maker question

bikeman1

Reaction score
Country
United States
Good day everyone!
I just bought a DV688 and I would like to know how to make videos from the many clips that the 688 takes minute by minute. Did you install the editor from their website? My computer thinks it may be malware! Thank you in advance.

This video pretty much demo it.
1: you can import all your files into a video editor ( they should be aligned up by file name ) then you can drop them on the time line one after another, and then you can export the XX files as one big file.
2: or as demonstrated in the video of the free resolve software, once on the time line you can merge more files up into one, but thats really not needed unless you are going to work more with those merged up files and other files in a larger project.

I am whipping up a video for you how i do it using my power director 17, but you will find its much like in that resolve video or most other edit software's.

Hand in there and i will have it ready for you to view in a hour or so.

Do note the content of this memory card look a little different, this is due to it is from a 3 channel car system, so i have files with a "F" suffix meaning it is the Front camera, and "I" for Interior camera, and finally "R" for Rear camera.
Not familiar with your bike camera but your files might be named F & R or just A and B suffix to the file time / date name
Here i am working with tree 3 minute files, and you can see this camera have no overlap by that or the files would all have been 3 minutes and 1 second long, so this is strait forward to work with no overlap to deal with.
Overlap are mostly seen on cameras build on old hardware, it is not really needed in this day and age, not even on this 3 channel system ( 1440p-1080p-1080p resolution )

After i have imported and dropped the 3 files on the time line and i change to produce ( export ) i press the profile analyzer, this check the format of the original footage as i also want to export it as such.
I could have chosen any other resolution and bitrate to export the file as, so i could have up scaled the 1440P files to 4K by selecting one of the default 4K export settings ( up scaling to 4K can be a good idea if the footage go to youtube, CUZ somehow they dont molest 4K footage as bad as they can do 1080p )

But in general it is much the same for any editing software, they have a lot of things in common in this way, before power director i used pinnacle studio which look much the same, so a easy transition for me to make.

The massive resolve editing software are free, but in spite of it being free it is a very complex pice of software, but i did DL it some weeks ago and installed, and strait up i managed to import a file, tweak its color settings and export it too.
No matter what software you want to use you will fine many tutorials for it on youtube, or the makers own page.
But basic editing like stitching files together, maybe throw in a transition between 2 files ASO are fairly easy and fast to learn.

DV688 has no WiFi capability!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Introductions 1
Back