DVR-027 installed but not turning off

cederbfour

Reaction score
I installed my DVR-027 today. Everything is great except it does not turn off when I turn off the car. I have it plugged into the power outlet in my center console. I turned off the car an hour ago and the blue light on the DVR-027 is still blinking. Why does it not turn off with the car like instructions say? My vehicle is 2003 GMC Denali - maybe all my power outlets don't "turn off" when the car turns off but continue to provide power... Any suggestions/help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Check the socket, some vehicles are powered all the time, some have a timer to run for a set period after key off, should be mentioned in the manual

I have an 03 GMC Sierra. My outlets have power at all times. I just pull out the power plug and the camera shuts off after a few seconds.

It's not too difficult to rewire a lighter socket. Just have to find the nearest "Accessory" wire (which switches off when the ignition goes to off) and tap into it. If your not confident, an Auto Electrician could do it pretty quickly and cheaply.

Cheers :) Mario

ecnar said:
I have an 03 GMC Sierra. My outlets have power at all times. I just pull out the power plug and the camera shuts off after a few seconds.
I have a 2011 sierra I have to the something.

Back