DVR-027 lighting question

if set at 50 when you watch videos back traffic lights or LED car lights will flicker on your video.
Something to this effect.

Last edited by a moderator:
CheckYourLights said:
if set at 50 when you watch videos back traffic lights or LED car lights will flicker on your video.

Wrong about the LED tail lights. Traffic lights, street lights, anything connected to the power grid will flicker at that continent's power grid frequency of either 50 or 60Hz.

LED tail lights that are also brake lights (dual function) are dimmer when in running light mode because the power to going to the LEDs is pulsed, meaning that they do not get 12V continuously. Due to our eyes having a property known as "persistence of vision", the pulsed LEDs appear less bright than when they are in brake light mode, when they get full, uninterrupted power. But to the rapidly "flickering eyelid" of the dash cam, they are caught in a video frame as being either fully on or fully off. Because each car maker can choose a random rate at which the LEDs pulse in "running light" mode, it is doubtful that selecting either 50 or 60Hz will make a difference. For grid powered lights, yes. Cars, no.

Ah i see. I'm not as good with the technical end of things so thank you for pointing that out. That video i had posted was the first i seen like that with car tail lights like that

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
passati35 DVR-XX7 5
R DVR-XX7 1
L DVR-XX7 15
G DVR-XX7 8
GeorgesNJR DVR-XX7 4
Back