DVR 027 suction cup

dashcam.br said:
dashcam.br said:
Looking for really tiny mounts, I ordered this one and this one. I'll post my comments when they arrive.
And they finally arrived, three months after purchase.

Good thing I bought both. The one I first intended to buy is not much smaller than the original mount. Maybe 1 cm (< 1/2 inch) less then the original. The other one, without the suction cup (and currently sold out at DX), is much smaller - maybe little more the 3 cm (> 1 inch) smaller than the original mount.

How did you get on the non suction cup one? It being out of stock suggests it is popular! However it seems a small surface area sticker and I wonder if it is strong enough to hold the cam. Also, how have you removed it from the windscreen (messy residue?) or have you left it attached since day one?

Pcyuljr said:
How did you get on the non suction cup one? It being out of stock suggests it is popular! However it seems a small surface area sticker and I wonder if it is strong enough to hold the cam. Also, how have you removed it from the windscreen (messy residue?) or have you left it attached since day one?

I changed from the suction cup to the small 3M mount and I find that it works fine and holds it in place so far.
It's available on ebay, got 2 for $6.50 on auction, delivered in a bit over 2 weeks.

Do you have a link for the 3M mount? Search didn't help me. I'd like to find one that moves the camera closer to the windshield.

Back