DVR-207 SD Card Seems Bad

The 8gB SanDisk Ultra SD card has been in use for almost a week now. It is working fine. It creates a new folder for each day. It rolled into December without a hitch. The videos look good. No lockups whatsoever. I just ordered another 8gB card from Best Buy. Many thanks to all who helped me figure out this problem. Next project is to figure out a mount and get a big battery so I can use it on my bike.

Next project is to figure out a mount and get a big battery so I can use it on my bike.

Good thing you got it working. For other types of mounts you might want to take a look at these Quad Lock things. Another member posted them in some other thread and they look like an interesting idea. They seem quite convenient, specially if you're planning on moving the camera from one location to another often.

Regarding the battery, an idea would be to use one of those mobile power banks they sell for charging phones. The 5.5V output would be enough to power any DVR-XX7. Depending on your intended use, I believe even a small, cheap one would be enough for a 2-hour drive.

Good thing you got it working. For other types of mounts you might want to take a look at these Quad Lock things. Another member posted them in some other thread and they look like an interesting idea. They seem quite convenient, specially if you're planning on moving the camera from one location to another often.

Regarding the battery, an idea would be to use one of those mobile power banks they sell for charging phones. The 5.5V output would be enough to power any DVR-XX7. Depending on your intended use, I believe even a small, cheap one would be enough for a 2-hour drive.

The mobile power bank for cell phone is an interesting idea. It's certainly small and lightweight. I'll have to check out how many amp-hours those things provide. The Quad Lock looks great! However, I mount my DVR-207 upside down in the car using a bean bag base and the built-in 1/4-20 threads, so I'll probably just modify a bicycle reflector bracket as shown several places on the internet and run it upside down on the bike, too. Microsoft Movie Maker provides easy video rotation if I ever need it. It's just such a relief to be thinking of how to use it instead of what's wrong with it! Thanks again for your help & comments!

The mobile power bank for cell phone is an interesting idea. It's certainly small and lightweight. I'll have to check out how many amp-hours those things provide. The Quad Lock looks great! However, I mount my DVR-207 upside down in the car using a bean bag base and the built-in 1/4-20 threads, so I'll probably just modify a bicycle reflector bracket as shown several places on the internet and run it upside down on the bike, too. Microsoft Movie Maker provides easy video rotation if I ever need it. It's just such a relief to be thinking of how to use it instead of what's wrong with it! Thanks again for your help & comments!

I thought of the bean bag idea too. Easy to move the bean bag and DVR to the bottom of the seat to hide it away in the parking lot. Thanks for the input on the SD Card. I will try to play with the H2testw_1.4 software to check my SD card. Bought all of them thru Amazon.

Back