DVR 207 Stops Recording

Mover

Reaction score
Dash Cam
DVR 207
I've had a DVR 207, purchased from estore99 (eBay) almost two months ago. It seems to have a problem recording after the 4th or 5th restart. I left it undisturbed for about a week, driving 45 minutes each AM and again each PM (work and back). After 10 days I checked the recording with the card in my PC and it had folders for every day, but only the first 3 folders had video files in them. I right-clicked on the 32 GB class 10 micro SD card and it showed it was almost full, but only about 3 GB's of files in the first 3 folders were visible (the Windows Explorer is set to show all files, including hidden files).

Does anyone have any ideas on why this is happening and a fix for it? is anyone else experiencing this?

BTW, it set all of the settings and formatted the card per estore99's instructions when I first asked them about it.

It does the same thing when using a 32 GB class 4 card and a 16 GB class 4 card.

The videos it does record are very good at 720P

Here is the setup I am using.

- Video quality: 720p 30fps
- Clip size: 5 minute
- Motion detection: off
- IR: off
- light freq. 50

firmware version v 1207310

And what is E.V. anyway?

EV is Exposure Value.
Try formatting the card in camera every week or two (on a regular basis)
If it's a 207GS then turn off the G Sensor if your car has a hard suspension or you drive on rough roads.
It might be putting these files in a locked folder or something like that.

Thanks for the info, Gurkha9.

I know it's not a GS model.

Also, I have been reformatting the drive regularly as it won't record at all once it's reached its limit.

Did/do you have this problem?

I'm beginning to think it's defective and my time to return it is running out quickly.

Thanks again.

Gurkha9 said:
EV is Exposure Value.
Try formatting the card in camera every week or two (on a regular basis)
If it's a 207GS then turn off the G Sensor if your car has a hard suspension or you drive on rough roads.
It might be putting these files in a locked folder or something like that.

The only issue I ever had was a 'card full' error with a flashing 'X' (I think) once or twice.
An in camera format on a regular basis prevents this for me but I have an 027 not a 207.
It is my most reliable camera to date actually.

I bought 2 cams from estore99 in June. Both became defective. I think they got a bad batch. They replaced the first after a few emails and I convinced there was a problem. They sent a replacement. It was the newer GS model. (Not as good. Darker picture) Then second cam went bad. I wrote and they immediately said sent it back. They must now know they got a bad batch as no questions were asked. I've shipped it and am now waiting for replacement.

First 1 would record but not save last file when shutting down.
Second 1 would crash at random and lock up and freeze.

It comes with a 1 year warranty and they will honour it if you push for it. You have to remind them of it though.

Back