E-prance dashboard cam issues (poss a mini 0801 model??) - please advise if you have any suggestions

Suzysue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm a newbie on here and a newbie with my new dashboard cam which is great when it works. Can someone please advise me on the following issues i seem to have with my E-prance product:

It has such a long title i'm not sure what this Eprance model is called for short?? possibly a mini 0801?????
E-PRANCE New Original Ambarella A2S60 Chip Mini 0801 5M pixel CMOS Car DVR Recorder + High Resolution Full HD 1080P 30 FPS, OV2710 + Build-in 8GB Memory + GPS Logger + H.264 + G-sensor + Car License Plate + 135 Degree Wide Angle View£¬Support HDMI/TV Out,With 32GB Memory Card
by E-PRANCE
Now my issues are as follows:
1) On uploading my video clips this evening i find these have only come from the internal 8gb memory. I can't seem to access or upload anything from the 32gb card onto my pc - of course maybe there isn't anything on it??? (this micro sd card came with the kit) to see if anything is on it. Please advise a) what the device settings should be, in order that i am filling the 32GB card up and b) that when i upload it onto my pc it will take the files from this TF card - does it upload from the TF card automatically or is there something i should be doing?

2) I have been away for a few days and wanted to capture some of my car journey but on reviewing it tonight i have about 2 video clips for the 24/2/14 and the rest are from 28/2/14. It seems to have missed out the bulk of my journey. Please advise what has happened here and how i can ensure this doesn't happen again.

3) If no one can help - does anyone have E-Prance's contact details, as my two emails to the ones given on the chinese website, bounced.

4) Also it only records speed in KPH and not MPH! Have i got an old version? even though i got it in December 2013?

Thank you - i hope someone can help me.

Sue Alford

Last edited:
Internal or external memory use may be a menu selection option, varies with firmware version

The older files may have been write protected by the sounds of things

Thanks Jokiin,

When i look at the menu options on the cam it only has: 'Choose card' > 'outter card' or 'inner card' options. It is possible i may have had it on the wrong one, but have now set it to 'outer' card (hope thats the right one for the TF card). So i'll play around with that and get back on here tomorrow if i have anything to update.

But if anyone has any other experiences or advice on the other point i added in (edited as at 2/3/14 at 2am ish) please let me know...

Many thanks
Sue

Thanks Jokiin

I have downloaded this: http://www.registratorviewer.com/download_en.html

And its 100% fabulous but other than it being on downloaded on my PC, i don't know how to get it onto my memory card, which was suggested by an Amazon buyer giving their review about this product. Firstly is it necessary to get it onto my memory card and which one - the internal or TF card? I love technology but it does leave me feeling useless in these circumstances as i really have no idea what i'm trying to do or if things are even possible. If i could contact the seller i might learn more but other than having to go back via Amazon i don't know how to contact E-prance as i think they've given me a slightly out of date device??????

It doesn't need to be on the memory card, if you copied it to the card it would get deleted if you format the card anytime anyway

Back