E-Prance G1W not switching on when engine is on

cristakey

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hi, I changed my car some days ago and I already changed some settings on my G1W.
I have connected the camera to the 12V socket and when the engine of the car is on, the dashcam is still off.
Then, after, let's say about 15-20 minutes, the camera magically switches on.
When I stop the car, the camera is still on so I have to turn it off manually.

What may this problem be caused?
Do I have to set the Loop Recording? I haven't understood properly what this is.

Thanks!

whatever you like, I usually use 3 minutes for loop

Well, I have tried today some testing because the dashcam still dossn't turn on. I have already seen another topic regarding that in this forum.
So, when the engine is off and the camera is cig is plugged in, the camera won't turn on when I rotate the key and turn on the car, though the led on the cig is red (so there's current).
But, if the car is off and I connect the car to the 12V plug, magically the camera powers on.

What do you suggest me to do?

In the other older car I didn''t have this problem.

are you using the supplied power lead?

Yes, the one that you plug-in in the cigarettes socket that comes with the dashcam.
I haven't changed anything.

Today I tried turning the engine on, then I plugged the camera in and it has switched on.
But still it doesen't turn on automatically when the car from off changes to on

Yes, the one that you plug-in in the cigarettes socket that comes with the dashcam.
I haven't changed anything.

Today I tried turning the engine on, then I plugged the camera in and it has switched on.
But still it doesen't turn on automatically when the car from off changes to on
I suggest checking out the electrics of the car as you say you have just changed it

I suggest checking out the electrics of the car as you say you have just changed it

Yeah... but the dashcam turns on when I plug it in and the engine is one.
Even thbe LED indicator is always red, so I believe the current works fine

Sorry for multipost, but I found the problem.
The electrics of the car are not connected and do not depend from the ignition, I mean engine on or off.
So, if I connect the cam, I will always have current so the cam won't stop if not manually.

Is there something you suggest me to do?
I think most of new cars have electrics/mechanics (sorry for bad English) disconnected/indipendent; what do you do in these cases?

Not knowing the make of your car,or the fact that most auto electrics are complex I suggest you take it to a garage,and let an able sparks decide,My only crumb of comfort is if your car is like mine where I have to go through a car system that as a touch screen to alter settings and that includes how I want my ignition to operate when I switch on,it may be a simple thing like that check the car manual for any help

Not knowing the make of your car,or the fact that most auto electrics are complex I suggest you take it to a garage,and let an able sparks decide,My only crumb of comfort is if your car is like mine where I have to go through a car system that as a touch screen to alter settings and that includes how I want my ignition to operate when I switch on,it may be a simple thing like that check the car manual for any help

It could be, I also have a touch System, maybe I can adjust it in car setting. What car do you have?
If it's Ford, the SYNC is the same for all the cars

check if you have more than one cig outlet sometimes some are switched and some are constant, in some vehicles the ones that appear to be constant remain powered for some time after key off but do turn off as well

check if you have more than one cig outlet sometimes some are switched and some are constant, in some vehicles the ones that appear to be constant remain powered for some time after key off but do turn off as well

Yes, I have other cig outlets, I'll thest them.
Will the G1W be charged via USB too? I mean, will it record or just charging?

if your car has a USB outlet built in I wouldn't use that, some are data compatible and also often too low power for the cameras

if your car has a USB outlet built in I wouldn't use that, some are data compatible and also often too low power for the cameras

Alright. What about a switched cig connector? How does it work?

Have you managed to sort your problem out yet cristakey

Have you managed to sort your problem out yet cristakey

No. The 12V sockets are permanently powered and the USB port is in an unconfortable position for wiring management.
I just switch it on and off manually or simply let it record all the day (the car battery should power it for 15 days, I think)

Sincerily I don't know if I can set it in car settings as you said before; I haven't found anything similar but I'm unfamiliar with SYNC system

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D G1WX 3
E G1WX 24
toonami G1WX 13
MARINE G1WX 15
N G1WX 2
Back